FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JustKia

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Juwel Delta 300
275L/72Gal

Sorry for grainy pics - crappy camera :angry:

Had to build a new stand as the original had some water damage and I didn't trust it to take the weight of the filled tank.

Yes the centre upright does look to be outof true - it's the camera angle though. It is actually dead straight I swear.
I decided to build in situ so we didn't have to lift it over the desks to get it in.
Water, electric and lots of computer equipment - nothing like being daring huh?
I managed to melt the jigsaw blade in the process of cutting the top piece :unsure:

Testing for leaks...

No leaks. Had the tank filled overnight and no signs of leaks at all - not sure how the water damage occured ot the stand unless it was from the filter maybe?

Anyway, just now need to finish emptying the tank and then figure out how to lift it on to the stand :blush: and then get the substrate in and start planting and filling...

love that tank. will be really nice all plated up. im watching this thread!
cheers

nice tank, what lighting are you having over it? how deep is it? what substrate and ferts/CO2 are you using? what plants and fish are you going for?

It's 18" deep.
1-1.5" 100% Clay kitty litter
1.5-2" Argos playsand
Although some of the litter has mixed with the sand at the front. I'm not too bothered about that for now.

Stocking so far:
2 b/n plecs (male/female pair); 5 Peppered corys; 3 Albino (bronze) corys; 1 Sterbai cory; 5 Hastatus corys
Notice a trend here yet?
6 Kuhli loaches; 3 Zebra loaches; 7 Neon tetras; 2 Zebra danios; 2 Endlers (male); Amano & Cherry shrimp, 4 Nerite, 1 Red ramshorn and lots of MTS.

Plant so far:
Elodia; Water wisteria; Cabomba; Ludwigia; Vallis; Amazon sword;
Need to upload pics to ID some of the other plants :blush:
For now it's low tech no CO2. Ferts - Seachem Flourish

Lighting for now:
*goes to look*
2*30W Juwel Daylight (3ft)
2*18W Arcadia Freshwater (2ft)

Filled!

Glass is going to need a good clean. Water is starting to clear. Need to lower the filter outlet as it sounds like Niagra Falls in here atm LOL

Most reactions

Back