Opaline Gourami With White Fungus On Back, Now All Fish!

You would have to do a 30% water change and run some black carbon before you switched to anti internal bacteria med and pimafix.

Good luck.
You might lose a few so be prepared.

Nothing Im using is working, this morning, the gourami is even worse, large blood like lumps under the fungus on his back. Corydoras lifeless, rainbows more patches of fungus not just on the mouth anymore, now a couple of tiger barbs have small patches too :(. Guppies have some fin rot, the only uneffected, seem to be my plecs but at this rate I cant see how they wont be.

This is horrible, I cant bear to watch anymore, its gotten so I dont want to look in the tank in case any more are affected.

Meds arent working, water changes arent working :-(

Wondering if the Vets could offer a more powerful med Wilder? I think that if your current meds aren't working you are realy out of options. Considering the fact that it is spreading, I'd surgest waiting for Wilder to say if the vets can supply meds. If they can, great, take info on the infection, and one of the affected fish to a vet that is prepaired to work with you and they'll give you meds. If vets are unable to help, something a little more drastic may be needed to avoid a tank wipe-out :crazy: You clearly have a bad strain :nod:
If the vets can't help, I'd euthanise any fish showing symptoms and dose with the strongest med I could get my habds on.

I'm sorry things have got so bad :sad:

Do you have a caurse for the infection yet? Bacterial issues are usualy secondary :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

I really have no clue as to the cause of the infection, the water stats were and still are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 20, ph is 7.8. No chance in my stats since the tank was cycled months ago. 30 - 40% w/c once a week, sometimes every 5 days depending on the waste build up on the sand! (Damn those plecs are messy!)

The only thing I can think of was that it came in on the corydoras that I introduced 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Although this evening they are swimming around more than this morning.

I may be able to find a vet, but to be honest no idea how much that will cost or how willing they would be to give anitbiotics, some phone calls monday morning will tell me the answer to that.

I am of the opinion that if things dont look up soon, that euthanizing the worst effected is probably the only way to go, trouble is do I just do the worst effected or all the affected to try and stop the spread.

If you can't get the meds for it, it would be best to loose all the affected fish, if you are even to stand a chance. Without meds to sort it you can only put in a broad spectrum aniti-biotic, euthanise anyone showing sysmptoms and hope :sad:

Best of luck to you
Rabbut

If you can't get antibiotics from a vet i'm afraid you are going to lose quite a few fish to things settle down again.
The worst affected fish if you can' get antibiotics might be best to cut your losses, sounds awful I know.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back