Oops!

White Spot is a parasite isn't it (Ich) ?

In which case surely it can be 'caused' by anything that will increase the fishes suseptibility to it.
 
White Spot is a parasite isn't it (Ich) ?

In which case surely it can be 'caused' by anything that will increase the fishes suseptibility to it.

You are correct, Schmill.

I think that Truck meant that bad water quality is one of the common triggers for susceptibility to the parasite.

Obviously other things can be a trigger too, such as getting bullied by other fish.

edit: ok Truck beat me to it..............
 
i havent use it for over a year now and fish havent died through unknown causes. i have lost fish to whitespot once or twice but thats about it
white spot is usualy caused by adding cold water


white spot is caused by poor water quality

Sorry to have to disagree. Whitespot is caused by a parasite, it is a parasite. When the parasite is present, the disease affects the fish, when it is not present the fish do not get whitespot. I do add cold water to some of my tanks on purpose to stimulate corydoras breeding with no problems. When I brought home some female bettas without inspecting them closely enough, they showed whitespot within a couple of days in the QT. Once it was cured, they continued on in my tanks for another year or more before I had a contamination problem that killed their whole tank in a week. I never let my bettas be exposed to cold water, you might say that I am fanatic about it.
 
i havent use it for over a year now and fish havent died through unknown causes. i have lost fish to whitespot once or twice but thats about it
white spot is usualy caused by adding cold water


white spot is caused by poor water quality

Sorry to have to disagree. Whitespot is caused by a parasite, it is a parasite. When the parasite is present, the disease affects the fish, when it is not present the fish do not get whitespot. I do add cold water to some of my tanks on purpose to stimulate corydoras breeding with no problems. When I brought home some female bettas without inspecting them closely enough, they showed whitespot within a couple of days in the QT. Once it was cured, they continued on in my tanks for another year or more before I had a contamination problem that killed their whole tank in a week. I never let my bettas be exposed to cold water, you might say that I am fanatic about it.

as i said in a later post poor water quality leaves fish susceptible to white spot
 
but when stats are fine it is not down to poor water quality or chlorine in the tank. it could of came from a host fish whih i put into my tank. who knows all i am saying is i dont use dechlorinator no more because stats stay the same and around here i dont think water has much chlorine in otherwise fish would be dying
 

Most reactions

Back
Top