Online Fish Prices

LetsBeFriends

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Points
16
im up at college at the moment so in order to satisfy my need to keep fish i often surf online fish stores and dream about what i would buy next and put into my latest tank. however just now i was on dr fosters and noticed, FISH ARE CHEAP at the moment, like u can get a sparkling gourami for a dollar... so my question is do u guys thinks its cause of the U.S's economy atm and also is it the same price decline for LFS
 
My LFS does not seem to realize that there is a recession going on. One of these days they may decide that they are not selling enough fish to stay in business but so far they have been ignoring the idea that people don't have a lot of extra money to spend on fish and the like.
 
i don't think it's because of the economy. They have different sales all the times like if they have a surplus of a species, etc.
 
I'm not sure, I don't browse the main online stores. I usually look at importers lists online and some smaller importer run shops. Maybe its just the fish I am into, but their prices haven't changed.
 
I don't think it's the economy either. If anything, the lfs near me are charging more than they had been. The one time I bought from Drs. Fosters & Smith, some of the fish were very young. You wouldn't normally expect to pay as much for them as for more mature fish, but they don't tell you that. Shipping costs have also increased, so perhaps they are having trouble doing as much business as they would like and are running better sales.
 
that's a good point lyotim88 i didn't think about them having a surplus, makes sense, less people buy, but the fish are still mating.
 
They may, but be sure to check the actual price on the item door-to-door. Sometimes retailers will lower the advertised price and make up for it in shipping & handling so the actual out of pocket cost is the same to the buyer.

There is also the potential for seasonal variation.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top