One of my new Albino corys gone missing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well on wednesday night all my corys was in the tank including my 2 Albino's and thursdsay morning only one showed, well they can rest as we all know but come after dinner that done it for me.
The tank was due a change today but i did it yesterday and moved everything to vacuum, not one single sign of him, checked all the filter system and still nothing, this as totally got me baffled.

I have lost a couple of fish that way with no explanation. My last guppy disappeared a few days ago never to show back up. Did you look around your tank?

I have lost a couple of fish that way with no explanation. My last guppy disappeared a few days ago never to show back up. Did you look around your tank?
I moved everything and vacuumed all over lifted hollow ornaments and still nothing and while i did that i just cleaned the tank but i've been and got another 2 peppers today and was telling the chap where my hubby got them from, he said a cory can die and with in 2 days the body can deteriorate to nothing and you will always know if a fish as died you'll see your other fish hanging around that area and none of that's happened also checked my waters and those was the same as usual.

I think she meant for if it jumped out

I always blame my snails for disposing of the bodies. :devil: My 55 gallon is well covered but I have had several fish disappear for good. I try and count my fish when I check them in the morning but with so many excited little fish swimming around it can be impossible. I have even tried to take a picture at feeding time but it ends up one big blur of hungry fish. :fish:

Last edited:
I always blame my snails for disposing of the bodies. :devil: My 55 gallon is well covered but I have had several fish disappear for good. I try and count my fish when I check them in the morning but with so many excited little fish swimming around it can be impossible. I have even tryied to take a picture at feeding time but it ends up one big blur of hungry fish. :fish:
:rofl: that's it blame the poor snails, mind you i had amano shrimp and they actually killed one of my otto's they was out quicker than they went in and fighting with my corys for their food. I count mine every morning having a brew ;) sometimes i have to ask hubby though with the guppies.

I've done video's feeding my fish and i have a raw plug on string and i wrap the string around the middle bar and put a minitab just inside and the guppies love it and when they get near the tip i release the rest.

Usually corydoras, when you can't find them are either stuck somewhere or they are dead and getting eaten by your fish(all fish eat anything that is dead). Do you see any bones in your tank? a skull?

Usually corydoras, when you can't find them are either stuck somewhere or they are dead and getting eaten by your fish(all fish eat anything that is dead). Do you see any bones in your tank? a skull?
Sarah there as been nothing and the vacuum i have is an extended tube so you can see everything going up in it, this is why it's so baffling and i would have expected my waters to rise with a dead fish but my ammonia and nitrite 0 and nitrate 8.

Most reactions

trending

Back