FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RalphTheSnail

Reaction score
I recently bought some white skirt tetras and one of them is swimming all around very fast up and down the tank. I was wondering if this is odd behavior because she is the only one doing it. Is this normal? And if not what should I do to help her?

Hi there :)

I'm afraid we're going to need some more information before we can properly help you.

How big is the tank, how long has it been set up and do you know if it's cycled?

How long have you had the tetras, how many do you have and are there any other fish in the tank?

Do you have any water test results you can post? Do you know your pH and hardness? I know it seems like, if it's only one fish, then it can't be an issue with the water, but that's not the case; as with humans and other animals, you can always get some individuals that are less tolerant, or more susceptible, than others

Hi there :)

I'm afraid we're going to need some more information before we can properly help you.

How big is the tank, how long has it been set up and do you know if it's cycled?

How long have you had the tetras, how many do you have and are there any other fish in the tank?

Do you have any water test results you can post? Do you know your pH and hardness? I know it seems like, if it's only one fish, then it can't be an issue with the water, but that's not the case; as with humans and other animals, you can always get some individuals that are less tolerant, or more susceptible, than others

It is a 25 gal tank i think i figured out the problem i think it was the ammonia it was very very high. Ive decided to take the fish back to the pet store and try to get the water under control.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back