Once In The Dark..always In The Dark?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tiger Tiger

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
No not that :hyper: :blush:

i picked up a whole tank set up recently. The fish where left for long periods without light and plenty of hiding space with hardly any open space.

Now i have them home they just stay in cover 24/7. half are good daylight seen species but even then it's no sign. I recently introduced some fish that where fine for a day but now are like the rest.
Even with subdued lighting there is not a sign, only almost pitch dark they come out. I see no bullying by fish of any kind.

Solutions anyone?

I even put in some good bloodworm in and not even the pictus would come out and they usually go nuts for them?

How 'recently' did you get the tank, and how 'recently' did you add the newer fish?
It could just be that teh fish are taking time to adjust from what they have been used to. If you are giving them good day & night periods in the tank they should get used to it. Are all your water tests ok?

Im have the same problem as you i bought 4 tiger barbs and a red fin shark they only come out at the night when the tank lights are of as soon as the lights come on they hide and dont come out not even to eat the only way i can get them to eat in the day with lights on is drop a wafer in the bottom near where there all hiding at night there fine they come and eat there flake its driving me mad

Water tests are good. What surprises me is the new fish seem to follow suit. Perhaps there are too many hiding spaces?
But there are plenty of open space too.
I have had the Tank now a month with no change in character?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back