🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisperian

Where's Nemo :o
Reaction score
I just visited my lfs and they got some new bettas in stock! THEN, I saw this nice green veiltail and blue veil in a krib tank! The bettas were sooooooo damaged! They were actually sooooooo injured they could hardly keep themselves from not lying on their sides! I rushed right away to the lfs manager and he said: Oh, those bettas are doing fine! They won't die! THE KRIBS WILL BE VERY NICE TO THEM! so I then asked, then why is there 2 males in the same tank?? and he said: Oh that must have been a mistake and shrugged his shoulders and walked away! I was like soooooo mad I snuck a net and scooped the two of them out and put them in 2 empty tanks and found NOOOOOO MEDICINE in any of their cabinets so I asked if I could use some that they sell and they said NO! so I was like sooooooo pissed I used up my monthly allowance just to buy some bettamax and snuck one tablet thing into each of the tanks! You may think I'm lying but I'm not! Seriously I'm not! Then one of the employees came over and she's like: ( she has an accent ) Vat are you doing? and I was like I'm taking care of your fish! and she's like : Ve dont need your help! We are professionals! ( i was thinking pros at killing fish :grr: ) so I glared at her and she walked away pissed. So I looked at the other bettas and they were all like practically dead! ( I've never been in this pet store it was a Petcetera that I have never been to ) So I was soooooo mad grabbed my parents hands and stomped outta the pet store ( I think the employee thinks I have an attitude problem )

u should of brought the fish and treated them @ home.u did an good thing,but sneaky :sly: u're really stupid 4 making fun of someones accent.its not there fault.but u did an good thing.u might wanna check on them

grrrr!!! :grr: and i was sooooo happy with petcentra, grrrr! where abouts was this store?
im gald you were strong and didnt buy one, i feel that buying them is just supporting the store and providing them with demand. if no one buys there fish then they wont need to get more stock. this is just my opinion and i totally understand and respect that others feel very strongly about saving fish that need help.

hehe :fun: i love the fact that you suck some meds into there tanks for them, thats super cool. plus i dont think betta max would harm any other fish if it were to get in other tanks or come in contact with other fishes (if im incorrect pls correct me!!) so smart move.

This store was in Vancouver Bc not where you live... You shoulda seen what they do to the sick bettas in there! they have lil baggies that they put the sick fish in and add some liquid to it and put it into this dry ice thing i think! I saw some whtie fog coming outta the staff only room! >=(

that is bull####! the mananger just walked away? gj sneaking the meds, i probably woulda bought the fish right up thogh or i woulda felt bad. the only really bad stores we have around here are walmart, the lfs i go to has some dead fish sumtime but its kinda hard not to wen u'v got so many tanks.

gj betta lova
gl :D :thumbs:

I'm gonna go back on the weekend and see what happened to them :unsure: I'm like gonna complain to the manager! he just walked out on me!

And their tanks are kinda yucky.... they have like 10 dead fish in there and they think its ok :crazy:

good 4 u!
fish rule

Attachments

• koi_splash.gif
    koi_splash.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 49
chatterbox said:
u're really stupid 4 making fun of someones accent.its not there fault.
I don't think s/he was making fun of the person's accent, but simply stating how the person talked. That's the impression I got. Please don't call people stupid - it's just not nice and we're here to help each other, not be mean. Thanks!

What a bad fish store, Betta Love! I think going to talk to the manager again is a good idea. If he's not polite, perhaps you can call the store's headquarters (sound to me like it's a chain of stores). Let us know how things go!

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

I really dont know what to believe out of you my friend. I dont know if you are trying to make up for trying to out bid godric or what, but it is hard to believe you my friend. Just a word of warning when you add medicines to someones tank, you could get in trouble, lets say they see you putting the bettamax in the tank, and lets say afew hundred dollars worth of fish die. You may not have done anything to kill the fish but since a few people saw you drop meds in the tank, guess who is the blame? If you did do this be careful and watch what you do. I can promise you if you came in my store and i caught you putting meds in my tanks You would have to pay. I really doubt you after your little story on outbidding godric and denied it. I would have respected you just admiting it , instead of lieing.

rollntider said:
I really dont know what to believe out of you my friend. I dont know if you are trying to make up for trying to out bid godric or what, but it is hard to believe you my friend. Just a word of warning when you add medicines to someones tank, you could get in trouble, lets say they see you putting the bettamax in the tank, and lets say afew hundred dollars worth of fish die. You may not have done anything to kill the fish but since a few people saw you drop meds in the tank, guess who is the blame? If you did do this be careful and watch what you do. I can promise you if you came in my store and i caught you putting meds in my tanks You would have to pay. I really doubt you after your little story on outbidding godric and denied it. I would have respected you just admiting it , instead of lieing.
I've been ignoring his posts for a reason..

rollntider im not sure wat happend between u 2 b4 but i dont care, u shouldn't get on his case about the fish, its just betta med. and im absolutely sure its safe for all the fish. she said she put the betta in a empty tank and even if all the tanks r run on one filter system the amount of water woulda diluted it. b nice :sly:

GuppyDude said:
rollntider im not sure wat happend between u 2 b4 but i dont care, u shouldn't get on his case about the fish, its just betta med. and im absolutely sure its safe for all the fish. she said she put the betta in a empty tank and even if all the tanks r run on one filter system the amount of water woulda diluted it. b nice :sly:
I am being nice, you dont understand, this little fellow lies to people more times than not. I seriously doubt this happened except in his mind, look at his story and tell me if you can find several huge flaws in his story. He made up a good one but it doesnt past the smell test.

I'm backing up rollntider here. This boy lies, a lot! You want an example? Just look at any of his posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back