Omg Omg Omg

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have just seen the tiniest ever fry in this 2g cube that is 20 degrees because I was just simply keeping my java moss going in 2 inches of water until my lid comes back from doresy to put my heater and shrimp in, the moss on slate is thriving, it came out of my 55g (see stocking below) however when I took it out the 55g and put it in the 2g I rinsed it thorough down the sink of all the debris that was on it and probably washed away a million fry :-(

I have seen ONE, it's tiny. I can't get a pic, but what on earth shall I do? Fill the 2g up, heat it up and feed it I suppose?! OMG I can't believe it, my first EVER baby, I hope it lives!!

I have just seen the tiniest ever fry in this 2g cube that is 20 degrees because I was just simply keeping my java moss going in 2 inches of water until my lid comes back from doresy to put my heater and shrimp in, the moss on slate is thriving, it came out of my 55g (see stocking below) however when I took it out the 55g and put it in the 2g I rinsed it thorough down the sink of all the debris that was on it and probably washed away a million fry :-(

I have seen ONE, it's tiny. I can't get a pic, but what on earth shall I do? Fill the 2g up, heat it up and feed it I suppose?! OMG I can't believe it, my first EVER baby, I hope it lives!!

Oh and btw it's free swimming and looks strong about 3mm long and pure white, so it's not shrimp or pleco or loach but I've never seen a bubble nest or eggs etc. in the tank, oh how exciting :hyper:
 
I think there are 3 or maybe 4 actually. My galaxy rasboras were in the 55 gal til a few days ago too, I'm thinking the fry are harlequins or galaxies or maybe even rainbows. They can't be gouramis, the angels are only babies.
 
hmm sure its not possible its the angels?
depends really if you want to keep them or not as wether to set up the tank?
do you have a breeding trap that you could keep them in, in the big tank until you come to set up the 2g
iam over run with fry of sorts in my angel tank, babie guppys and as of yesterday 60+ bristlenose babies :shout:
enjoy them if thats what you want to do, if your not ready yet just put them in the big tank and hope nature wins and leaves them to live :good:
 
hmm sure its not possible its the angels?
depends really if you want to keep them or not as wether to set up the tank?
do you have a breeding trap that you could keep them in, in the big tank until you come to set up the 2g
iam over run with fry of sorts in my angel tank, babie guppys and as of yesterday 60+ bristlenose babies :shout:
enjoy them if thats what you want to do, if your not ready yet just put them in the big tank and hope nature wins and leaves them to live :good:

Def not angels I only got them 2 days ago and the moss was already out into the 2g so it can no way be them
I want them to survive, I want to rear them, they are in the 2gal set up with heater and light now, I put a tiny bit of fry food in and there are def 4 of them and since it warmed up they are really having fun, the suspense of what they are is killing me!

omg! I hope the fry lives Mel, it will be so cool to watch it grow and try to guess its species! :)

I keep looking at them every half hour :rolleyes: I have kept fish for 8 years and never seen fry, makes me think I've had them but they got eaten before I saw them, it must have been eggs clinging on for dear life when I washed the moss :( that is haunting me now, how many I killed
 
it will surly be galaxy rasbora fry they lay the eggs in moss all the time and if u swap the moss around from time to time you r get a few fry.

just add a little greed water or liqua fry #1
then idearly from 2 weeks add baby brine shrimp.

dsc02238ui5.th.jpg
 
it will surly be galaxy rasbora fry they lay the eggs in moss all the time and if u swap the moss around from time to time you r get a few fry.

just add a little greed water or liqua fry #1
then idearly from 2 weeks add baby brine shrimp.

dsc02238ui5.th.jpg

I really hope so because I moved them to a species tank to breed so let's hope they will do
 
Here's an update. Well there were 5. I saw 4 yesterday. Overnight, 1 died and 1 just disappeared leaving 2. I just did a little clean, even though I was careful, pouring the old water into a bowl that I could check for fry, I have managed to lose 1. There is 1 left, the last known survivor. If he makes it I am so calling him Nemo. It's like a Disney movie watching him swim amongst the emptiness trying to find his friends. I feel like a murderer, it's depressing :(
 
Here's an update. Well there were 5. I saw 4 yesterday. Overnight, 1 died and 1 just disappeared leaving 2. I just did a little clean, even though I was careful, pouring the old water into a bowl that I could check for fry, I have managed to lose 1. There is 1 left, the last known survivor. If he makes it I am so calling him Nemo. It's like a Disney movie watching him swim amongst the emptiness trying to find his friends. I feel like a murderer, it's depressing :(
You never know, they are good at hiding, they may turn up when you least expect them too.....
 
Here's an update. Well there were 5. I saw 4 yesterday. Overnight, 1 died and 1 just disappeared leaving 2. I just did a little clean, even though I was careful, pouring the old water into a bowl that I could check for fry, I have managed to lose 1. There is 1 left, the last known survivor. If he makes it I am so calling him Nemo. It's like a Disney movie watching him swim amongst the emptiness trying to find his friends. I feel like a murderer, it's depressing :(
You never know, they are good at hiding, they may turn up when you least expect them too.....

I really hope so mate
 
fingers crossed, come on little budy
 
did u turn temp up and is their a filter in tank ??
it could be galaxy or rainbow fry (depending which ones u have) doubt it would be harlequins as they can be quite difficult to breed!
:good: :good: :good:
 
did u turn temp up and is their a filter in tank ??
it could be galaxy or rainbow fry (depending which ones u have) doubt it would be harlequins as they can be quite difficult to breed!
:good: :good: :good:

Yeah he has a heater but no filter yet he's only about 5 days old and 3-4mm long. Still no sign of the others, I think he's alone in the world :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top