OMG MY IRRIDESCENT IS DYING !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
honnestly dan.......you a F**CKING AS**OLE.i waqsnt doing no experiment......ive seen many tanks with lots of different species mixed......you re really just a stupid mofo talking #### hiding behind your computer...but if id see you in real life....trust me....you wouldnt be talking ####

n e ways....thanx a lot guys for all your help ...........all you guys could tell me is bla bla get a 100000 gallon tank and do a fishless 12 month cycle........you idiots.....how many time have i got to tell you the stupid store told me all i was doing was ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only thing they told me to do is to whatch out with the red-belly thats it...............im sorry .............whatever.....worse help ever by people talking #### instead of finding a solution.............

I hate to say this but I think the best we can hope for is that he remaining fish have as quick and painless a death and possible and he decides to give up fish keeping forever.

He's clearly either:

A - A moron

B - A troll

Personally I think he's just an idiot who asks for advice and then when the advice isn't what he wants to hear, ignores it. The from the very first post he made on this board he has been given consistent, relevent and accurate advice on the best way to care for his fish and chosen time and again to ignore it while careering from bad decision to bad decision. No one can condem someone for acting on bad advice / making uninformed decisions, but when they refuse to rectify their mistakes / see the error of their ways, there really isn't anything that can be done. From now on, if I see a thread started by Benny, I'm just going to ignore it.

:<

Benny are you in the UK? If so send the fish to me. I have room for them and they will get cared for to the best of my ability. My 55g is ready to take fish and currently has only 1 platty in it (would be moved, obviously, before shark like residents went in!).
If not try advertising the fish you can't cope with either on these forums or elsewhere as needing good homes etc. At least then you can take stock of these recent events and take a deep breath before starting over.
Once the tanks are ready for fish then those can happily live in them can be got. If I have them or a friend of yours does then those that can be returned into those tanks can be.
I don't want to come off as patronising. I'm by no means a world class expert. The people here have been nothing but nice to me. I think you'll find that any aggressive post will have a knock on effect to others attitude towards you. Breathe!!
We all realise you've been fooled by your lfs and put in a difficult situation. But please take stock of what has been said to you. It isn't there to patronise. It's simply the truth. We all had to start somewhere and we all make mistakes, whether a newbie or a long time keeper.
Hugs,
P.

we have helped you we have told you what the infection more than likely was COLUMARIS!! so try typing that into a search engine and learn a bit about it. oh and rehome your fish its not fair on them in sorry to say

benny0505 said:
n e ways....thanx a lot guys for all your help ...........all you guys could tell me is bla bla get a 100000 gallon tank and do a fishless 12 month cycle........you idiots.....how many time have i got to tell you the stupid store told me all i was doing was ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only thing they told me to do is to whatch out with the red-belly thats it...............im sorry .............whatever.....worse help ever by people talking #### instead of finding a solution.............
[snapback]844677[/snapback]​

people who have posted are helping you to a solution. buy a bigger tank and cycle it properly. Would you want to live in a box room containing a chemical that could possible kill you with 10 other people (ie cramp) all your life, I know I wouldn't so why would you make your fish do the same.

If you care for your fish that much, you would offer your fish to people that can house them in decent sized tanks. at the end of the day fishkeeping is about having fun but mainly it is putting the fish first. If you can't afford a massive tank to hold the fish, or dont have the space I think you need different fish that are suitable or a new hobby.

benny0505 said:
honnestly dan.......you a F**CKING AS**OLE.i waqsnt doing no experiment......ive seen many tanks with lots of different species mixed......you re really just a stupid mofo talking #### hiding behind your computer...but if id see you in real life....trust me....you wouldnt be talking ####
[snapback]844674[/snapback]​

benny0505 said:
[snapback]844677[/snapback]​

Ok Bennyboy, so all the people on here could say was get big tank, reason? Cuz thats the answer to one of your problems which is why you asked for help? To get answers???
Cycle your tank! Reason....you are seeing the reason people are telling you this, your fish die. Look at the title of this post.....
As for "how many time have i got to tell you the stupid store told me all i was doing was ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " how many times do people have to tell you they are lying to you to sell more stock???????
As for the red bellys, i keep Red belly piranhas and if you got them in a big tank, with plenty of hiding places and open water for swimming, Keep them feed regualy you will be surprised what you can put in with them. Along as its just 1 or 2 RBPs as a shool will attack just for something to do.
Try to accept what people on here are telling you. If you beleve the shi* the LFS is telling you and not us folk, then dont cry to us that your fish are dieing.

:* Give us a kiss Benny :wub: Chill Out

Benny, I don't see how you can say you've been given no real advice on how to cure your fish- advice and links on treating columnaris have been posted twice. Did you do what it said? Have you been treating for columnaris?

The problem is that by the time a fish has got to the state you describe it is usually too late for treatment to work, you are talking complete organ failure. This is not the fault of anyone on the forum. It is in the nature of things that most fish medicine has to be preventative, by the time a fish is collapsing it is usually too late.

It is also a sad fact that it is usually extremely difficult to cure a fish that is struggling with bad living conditions (stress, poor water conditions etc) on top of illness. So the comments of members are actually not as irrelevant as you think, they are trying to show you the only conditions under which something might be done.

As for telling Dan (with addition of bad language) that you are not experimenting on the fish- well, I distinctly rememember a thread where you asked why the h**** you can't experiment. I seem to remember answering that of course you can, but then you have to take the consequences.

As for repeating again and again that the lfs told you it would be allright- well, who has been proved right, the fish forum or the lfs? I would fully understand if you were angry with the lfs for the advice given, but being angry with us for not being able to make bad advice turn out well seems a little unfair.

So listen to this: the advice given on rehoming fish is good and sensible. If the lfs will not cooperate, other options (such advertising) have been pointed out to you. If you persist in keeping incompatible fish under cramped conditions, you will have further problems, both in form of injuries and illness. These cannot necessarily be cured, by us or by anyone. It's not because we don't care about your fish, we just cannot work miracles. Do please accept that if you choose to go down this route, and take risks, noone will be able to sort you out afterwards. That's why most of us try to play safe in the first place.

I would bother wasting your time posting to him, he has been given all the help and advice he needs on a plate and he still becomes abusive and does not bother to read anyones posts or ignores them. He's not worth anyones time until he gets his act together and starts being alot more mature and responsable.

Oh my I didnt realize that this was getting so heated come one everyone give him a break and try to help him figure out what to do. Instead of bashing him so bad. I am sure everyone of us didnt know what to do with fish when we first started fish keeping, I feel sorry for him he wants to do the right thing or he wouldnt be here asking in the first place..I for one like to see him save the fish so I am going to try my best to help him.. So Benny if you think I can help you please pm me and I will do my best to help you figure out something.. I am sorry everyone has bashed you this way. :dunno:

Benny, no one is bashing you. They are trying to help you, they have offered solutions, but, as they are not the solutions you want to hear, you are choosing not to listen and instead throw back curses and insults, none of which will help your fish or help others to help you in the future. If you see any more signs of illness in your tank, read some of the pinned topics in our Emergency section to try to figure out what the disease is and how to treat it. Buy the medications and treat the tanks. At least do what you can to get the fish healthy enough to rehome them. Call every fish shop in your area, not the nation-wide chain stores (like Petsmarts/Petco) but privately owned shops. One is bound to be able to take the fish for you so you can start over with fish that will suit your tanks and your level of fish keeping experience.

I am closing this now, advice has been given its up to benny to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back