OMG I need help!!!

Nuttygal! :0) said:
Ok thanks. If it's ich what should I do? And I can't test my water at the moment because I don't have my own test kit. I'll have to go to my LFS tomorrow and pay them £2.50 for them to test it for me.
I would a 30 to 50% water change before I did any thing else .



Have you added any fish , plants within the last few weeks ?
 
Can I asked what other fish you have in your tank and what size the tank is?
Far as I'm aware, ich does not cause fish to lose their eyes, unless when trying to 'scratch' themselfs they accidently lost their eye on gravel or so ... but it happening to 2 at the same time seems unlikely.

Also, ich is caused by stress, it usually does not just appear (unless an infected fish or plant gets put in ofcourse). Is it possible one of your other fish is harassing the fish, attacking their eyes etc?

--Edit--

Also, like some here have said already, if you've got corries, plecs or any type of loach in there, Stay Off The Salt! You Can treat ich with meds you can buy in your local fish shop, and that will be your best bet right now. Salt Will harm your loaches, cories and plecs (so pretty much all catfish and catfish related), you might not be able to see it right away, but through time it will show, probably in early death
 

Most reactions

Back
Top