OMG I need help!!!

Nuttygal! :0)

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
594
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
There! ;0)
:crazy:
Ahhh this morning all my fish were fine - my little bro just came running down shouting
"Your fish are dead! The ones in your big long tank!" I rushed upstairs - cardinal tetras....DEAD. :-( :-( What on earth in happening? They both only had one eye! They had lost their colour and were floating upside-down at the top of the tank. I had three of them - now I only have 1. It is still alive, but has these white spots all over it. One of my clown loaches has the white spots too. But only these two fish have got it. What shall I do? What is it? They were fine this morning! I need to buy more cardinals but obviously I won't at the moment - not until the fish are better! By the way, the two dead fish did not have the white spots - at least it didn't look like it, but they had lost their colouring. I have lots of other fish but none of them would have killed them! I'm sure of it!
I feel ill because I'm so worried! Please help! :-(
 
check your water ph, ammonia, nitrates etc. Search the forum or do a google for white spot or ich and see if the pictures look similar to your own.

post your results and I'm sure people can help
 
The white spots look like grains of salt? If so then its white spot/ich. What other fish do you have?

Jon
 
Ok thanks. If it's ich what should I do? And I can't test my water at the moment because I don't have my own test kit. I'll have to go to my LFS tomorrow and pay them £2.50 for them to test it for me.
 
OK, I checked on Google...and it is ich/white spot. It said to use salt. How shall I use it? How much (etc etc)
 
£2.50!!!!!!!!, its 50p round here. It would soon pay for itself if you got your own test kit. If it is white spot then you will need a medication from your lfs. Have a look at what medications they have and get a treatment that takes 30+ days as it is only treatable when its in its free swimming stage and not while its on the fish (thats what I have read anyway).

[EDIT: Read up about using salt before you do, there is a post here very recently that inchworm talks about using salt...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=76130
]

Jon
 
canarsie11 said:
First off you guys pay for water tests at LFS :(

I dont think loaches and salt mix :sad:
I don't, but yes lots of people here do. I do pay for tests on things like calcium for my marine, but the usual stuff A/N/N/PH I have test kits for.

Jon
 
Nuttygal! :0) said:
OK, I checked on Google...and it is ich/white spot. It said to use salt. How shall I use it? How much (etc etc)
Depending on your other fish then salt is a possability but as allready said not tolerated by loaches (for any lenght of time).

Best bet is a specific medication... Like protozin from waterlife




www :)
 
I'll go down to my LFS tomorrow - I need some melafix for my male CT betta's tail too - but will the fish still be alive by then?
 
I've had another idea - I'll take the loaches out because they can't tolerate salt, and then I'll treat the rest of the tank with salt. How much shall I use? And by the way, this isn't aquarium salt, it's...'normal' salt.
 
I am not 100% sure and IMO not worth the risk, sea salt might be ok, but check the ingredients, it should be 100% salt. [EDIT: It would be best to wait till you can get a proper treatment from your lfs, as if you take out the loach it wont get treated]

Jon
 

Most reactions

Back
Top