OliveFish05’s double tank journal and builds (20 gallon tropical community and 40 gallon axolotl tank)

Got 5 honey gouramis for the 20 gallon today! I am on my way home with them now. I also got a horned red nerite snail who is now known as Smaug. I bought a bunch of red root floaters and 10 pounds of dragon stone. The red root floaters were priced for a group of 3, so I asked for 6 red root floaters, as in 2 groups of 3. Well the girl gave me like 3 dozen and charged me for 6 groups of 3! I spotted a lil shrimp hitch hiker too😍 The axolotls came yesterday too. I will update with pictures as soon as I am home, do a water change, and acclimate the fish.

Also sorry for changing the title again, I wanted it to be more accurate.

Please post a picture of the red horned nerite snail please!
I've never seen one but I've kept the yellow and black stripe horned nerite snails

I haven't been able to find any more of those in a couple years it's strange

and oh yeah I'm really excited for you about your tanks I can't wait to watch the progress

🙂🙃🙂

Please post a picture of the red horned nerite snail please!
I've never seen one but I've kept the yellow and black stripe horned nerite snails

I haven't been able to find any more of those in a couple years it's strange

and oh yeah I'm really excited for you about your tanks I can't wait to watch the progress

🙂🙃🙂
I will go take photos right now! I only had my laptop last night so wasn’t able to then (I misplaced my phone lol)

Got some pictures of the things in the 20 gallon. A little nervous, the snail has not moved since I got him yesterday
90B629CC-E9DF-4DFB-8CA4-ECF3B96E2FE5.jpeg
0B5A5EF2-3DFF-47A3-8D78-3D11A4518993.jpeg
AC521FE9-006D-412B-B1C1-3A7FC7E61AA0.jpeg

sorry for the poor quality of the photos.

Got some pictures of the things in the 20 gallon. A little nervous, the snail has not moved since I got him yesterday
Give it 24 hours; if he hasn't moved at all in that time, he's probably dead. Until then, assume the best. It's normal for them to just lay around for a while, especially in a new environment.

Love your Honeys
Soooo cute 🧡💛🧡💛💖

I have considered those before when I was going to get a few "big fish" for one of my tanks!
😃😄😂

In all seriousness though I do have to get a bigger tank but the fish I have already have a lot of yellow so I might have to consider something else but I love how cute looking it is ---it appears to be looking at itself
✨

Love your Honeys
Soooo cute 🧡💛🧡💛💖

I have considered those before when I was going to get a few "big fish" for one of my tanks!
😃😄😂

In all seriousness though I do have to get a bigger tank but the fish I have already have a lot of yellow so I might have to consider something else but I love how cute looking it is ---it appears to be looking at itself
✨
Thanks! I wanted them for a long time! Might add some neon tetras at some point, not sure. They really are too cute! Just admiring his own beauty:wub:

I ordered my plants this morning, and found a buyer for the 55 gallon tank! I ordered a lot of plants, but these are being divided between both tanks.
1B056C0F-29B5-40E8-86EB-A0E92F12C8DB.jpeg

My plan for tonight is to sculpt a little hobbit door for the 20 gallon. I will sculpt it with super sculpey clay, bake it in the oven, paint it with green non toxic acrylic paint, then seal it. I am also making a little tree for the hobbit themed tank. I worked on it this morning and bought some Java ferns to glue to it! Will update with photos

Quite a collection! I've thought about using sculpey clay for aquarium ornaments, but with its oily texture I never felt safe not knowing exactly what it might be leaching into the water. I think it would be a lot safer using regular stonewear or ceramic and getting someone to fire it. How are you going to seal it?

Quite a collection! I've thought about using sculpey clay for aquarium ornaments, but with its oily texture I never felt safe not knowing exactly what it might be leaching into the water. I think it would be a lot safer using regular stonewear or ceramic and getting someone to fire it. How are you going to seal it?
I planned to coat it with an aquarium safe silicone, as it is water proof and such. I do plan to look into it more, if it doesn’t seem safe I will go buy some polymer clay, which is aquarium safe once baked

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back