Old Age

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishManiac987

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How can you tell when a fish is old as in age. And do they look any different when they die. Because one of my angelfish just died, and the water is fine, and everything checked out, so i was ondering if they can die of old age?
Please help answer this question

FishManiac987 said:
so i was [w]ondering if they can die of old age?
any fish - or living organism for that matter - can die of old age :p

how long did you have this angelfish? if it was inherited then you could ask the previous owner. older fish are usually less colorful and move around much less than the younger fish of its species. they're usually larger than most of the other fish in the species too.

and fish in beautiful water conditions can still have internal problems or parasites/infections that may go unnoticed.

I have only had them for 2 months, but they were huge when i got them, since my sisiter picked them out. They dont move around the tank a lot, but they were bought in twos. One who is missing its fellers, the one out, but they one that died, for like a few hours just sat at the top like liad back so his forehead when along with the water, and then when i came home for the grandparents he was on his side, at the bottem barely breathing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back