Oh My God..extreme Fishing With Robson Green (evil)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I dont see whats wrong with bow fishing, its no different from spear fishing.

Hunting with bows is illegal in the UK btw (just incase anyone fancies having a go!)

*puts down home made bow and takes off bandana*

:angry:

Please don't.

This forum if for "general aquarium discussion for tropical fish, with general questions and advice".

If you really need to moan that much, there's a section for TV shows.
Oh go away you grouch! You dont like it dont read it!

Well, he does have a point though. Kinda hard nto to read when the title is oh my god :lol: When i first opened this, i thought something happened to your tank.

i watched it and it sounds to me like the people moaning have never been properly fishing in thier life. the carp were killed because the river was special for a different fish (name escapes me). the carp destroy the spawning site and eat the eggs of this fish so it cant reproduce. they were only culling a few to keep the numbers down. yes we dont like to see them killed but where they were it was a different matter. the sharks wounds will heal over and be gone very quickly. Please take in some more info before you start to winge about something, if you just are squeemish then simply dont watch the program!!! Regards Nick.

i watched it and it sounds to me like the people moaning have never been properly fishing in thier life. the carp were killed because the river was special for a different fish (name escapes me). the carp destroy the spawning site and eat the eggs of this fish so it cant reproduce. they were only culling a few to keep the numbers down. yes we dont like to see them killed but where they were it was a different matter. the sharks wounds will heal over and be gone very quickly. Please take in some more info before you start to winge about something, if you just are squeemish then simply dont watch the program!!! Regards Nick.
Nick
You are obvioulsy blinded by ignorance!!! I have no problem them with them culling a couple of fish providing the fish suffer as less as possible. In MY OPINION (which i am entitled to) the fish in this program left to suffocate in an empty bucket after being shot straight through the middle/head did suffer rather alot!

Now I've never seen this program seen clips of it on TV

But in my opinion when they trawl fish are they not left to suffocate with 10s of thousand of there buddies around them ?

If these fish has been shot thro the head ...how were they left to suffocate ? Surely this would have damaged nerve endings and what you most probibly have seen is them twitching ?

I watched the Program Kill It Cook It Eat It And even after the cows had been shocked and throat slit they were still twitching even tho they were completely dead

But as was said before this is the wrong forum bit for it this is for discussion on tropical fish ...Not Tv shows

Now I've never seen this program seen clips of it on TV

But in my opinion when they trawl fish are they not left to suffocate with 10s of thousand of there buddies around them ?

If these fish has been shot thro the head ...how were they left to suffocate ? Surely this would have damaged nerve endings and what you most probibly have seen is them twitching ?

I watched the Program Kill It Cook It Eat It And even after the cows had been shocked and throat slit they were still twitching even tho they were completely dead

But as was said before this is the wrong forum bit for it this is for discussion on tropical fish ...Not Tv shows
Perhaps you should watch the program before commenting on something you know nothing about! And if you dont like the topic tuff!

is this a bad time to bring up the fact that the world could end today then? :p

i myself found the program very interesting this week and last week. Last week he was fishing for sailfish, gorgeous fish. I dont see a problem with the way the fish were treated. For hundreds of years people have fished like this to eat, to sell and to generally make aliving. Next someone will be complaining about him sticking rubber and nylon gloves in a catfishes mouth, maybe the get poisened from this.

I have no problem them with them culling a couple of fish providing the fish suffer as less as possible. In MY OPINION (which i am entitled to) the fish in this program left to suffocate in an empty bucket after being shot straight through the middle/head did suffer rather alot!

um, you dont cull a couple of animals. Culling takes place to reduce the numbers of an animal to a safe level so their population dosent explode out of control.
watching the footage again, I think the shock of the impact coupled with a headshot definately killed the gar, and what you saw was involuntary twitching. I'm not convinved by the carp though

Well while watching tv last nite my partner put on the Robson green extreme fishing and i was outraged!! :angry: ! Atfer shooting this half fish half aligator type thing throught the head they through it in a bucket to die in pain!! :angry: They the did this to 2 beautiful carp. They shot them through the middle n againg through them in the bucket to die.. Also i dont think they had any intention of eating them... :crazy:
He then moved on to catch a beautiful big shark with a rod which was fine but to get it outa the water they got a big hook stuck it through the side of the shark and pulled it out!!! Poor thing was bleeding and then they just tossed it back!!!
Is this just me or do others feel the same?? :<
Thanks
the title was "EXTREME FISHING"! i am unsure what you expected, i watched last weeks and this one. i wont be watching any more, i found it boring. Watching Robson Green, parade around like some wader waring super queen, was too much for me. i was not imperssed with the other content either, but not through the cruelty angle, i just found it bad.

As with anything on TV, if you don't like it switch it over! no point sitting through something that upsets you.

i watched the latest episode last night after all the fuss last week.

i actually quite enjoyed it, there was nothing i would consider to be classed as cruelty on there...

he caught a lovely little puffer from the rocks too

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back