Oh great...

Koda

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have so far avoided adding snails to my tanks. I don't know much about them and was not anxious to have my tanks overwhelmed with them as I've seen others here post about.When Koda jr would ask for one I always managed to say "No" in a firm parental authority sort of way.Today he came home with three tiny snails that his science teacher gave him,and absolutely no info about them :huh:

All I know about them is that they are tiny and rather dark in color.He said the teacher had a whole slew of them,so I am guessing they are a type that multiplies rapidly :S

I am NOT putting them in any tank until/unless I get more info :rolleyes:

Koda

Most likely "physa acuta" -- do a google with that and see if the photos match up with what you have...and if so, good luck ever getting rid of them! lol (make great loach or puffer snacks though!)

acsuth said:
Most likely "physa acuta" --
I did a search...but tiny as they are now it's a bit hard to tell.They don't quite look like the pics...but it will be easier to just ask the teacher and at the same time politely tell her to check with me before sending home critters :sly: :lol:

Koda

Most reactions

Back