Oh Damn

ShoC

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2007
Messages
902
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Harrow
Last week at water change I had...

Ammonia 0
Nitire 0
Nitrate 5ppm


Now its

Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite (didnt check
Nitrate 0ppm


:(

with 4 fish and a catfish... What happened :o


p.s a Heavily planted tank aswell with such small ammount of fish suprising how this has happened...


if I was to Add ammonia safe will the bacteria will be able to recover when I change it to Ammonium???
 
How long has the tank been set up and what kind of filter are you using? Did you test before or after the water change?
 
Tanks been going just over a year :/
using a Tetratec ex1200 on 22gal tank.. I was fully cycled :(
 
A possibility is that there is some ammoniqa in your tap water. I know that I have about 1 ppm ammonia in mine. If you go back a few hours after the change and the ammonia is back at zero it is a distinct possibility.
 
I tested before a water change...
the tap has no ammonia, but I did remove some Eheim Substrate out but that had been present for about a month. I would have assumed it would have migrated in that time :o
 

Most reactions

Back
Top