Odering Fish For Lfs

I plan on doing that. Maybe you and Tolak should come and Look at this shop sometime. I would assume you guys would have to be down here for another reason as peoria is soo far away. Last time i saw him, he was here for the Sep. 18th fish auction.
 
Good luck with the new job, but do think about a survey, even if you dont do an actual survey talk to your customers, listen and ask what they have want and take notes yourself, that way you can get an idea of what people want. Too many think wow we must stock this cause it will look great or I would really like that but in retail you have to think of the customer first always. (I have been in the retail trade for years, ok not LFS but all shops work best when you cater for customers needs and wants).
 
I will definatley get a survey made. I will also make a box for them to be put in. Do you have any tips for me on how to talk to the customers? Im a very freindly, nice person, but how do i handle the ones that WONT listen, or honestly dont care?

I will definatley get a survey made. I will also make a box for them to be put in. Do you have any tips for me on how to talk to the customers? Im a very freindly, nice person, but how do i handle the ones that WONT listen, or honestly dont care?
 
With me, it depends uppon what mood I'm in. If it's an argumantitive one, I keep driving my case forewards untill they get bored and leave or change their mind towards something more suitable :shifty: If I get bored first, it's an "I've told you what not to do, so either don't do it or find a less reputable dealership that is prepaired to trade with you" stance taken... If it's a bad mood, they are told that they cannot have what they want, so they can look at something more suitable or find a less reputable dealership with whom to buy from, knowing full well that it probibly won't work. (put politely, out-of-work issues don't follow me onto the shop-floor) Usualy I take a try it but when it goes wrong my only responce will be "I told you so, I'll certainly take the fish back, but you ain't getting a refund 'cause you ignored my advise" (only put more politely of caurse) type attitude...

All the best
Rabbut
 
sounds like me with my moods ! about of times i tell people im no way guarentteing the fish, i feel that as long as im ethical in my approach and give the advise needed, its up to the customer to choose between right and wrong, i cant refuse a sale, but i can annoy them enough eg goldfish in bowl and make them feel cruel enough to make them leave on there own accord :good:
 
You'll also want to order a few different types of Goldfish. Whether or not you like them, they are a staple at most fish stores and always sell well.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top