Odd things..

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Bala_Goddess

Reaction score
Okay my rainbows seem to be going a pinky color on their foreheads. I'm not sure what's up. The tank has been running for almost 2 weeks. They WERE in my 100 gallon tank, but now their in a 50 gallon with plants and a few other fish such as other rainbows, gouramis, kribs and congo tetras.

NOW my one blue gourmi seems to be a bit on the bloated side. I have NO idea why, because hes not eating. All he wants to do is sit on the bottom of the tank.

I JUST did a 25% change.

I hate to be the one to ask Bala_Goddess....what are your water parameters? When I hear pink or red spots I think Ammonia. I find that Gourammi's are susceptible to changes in water condition (at the Dwarfs are IME), so it may be a spike in the cycle :/

I'll agree with puffer, especially sine the tank in only 2 weeks old, it is probably overstocked for a new filter setup and is righ tin themiddle of an ammonia spike as part of the cycling process

Yep,a bloated gourami always means either a ammonia or nitrite spike,lost too many to mention from that when we first started fishkeeping :(

Bala_Goddess said:
Okay my rainbows seem to be going a pinky color on their foreheads. I'm not sure what's up. The tank has been running for almost 2 weeks. They WERE in my 100 gallon tank, but now their in a 50 gallon with plants and a few other fish such as other rainbows, gouramis, kribs and congo tetras.

NOW my one blue gourmi seems to be a bit on the bloated side. I have NO idea why, because hes not eating. All he wants to do is sit on the bottom of the tank.

I JUST did a 25% change.
Hi Bala sorry to say it sounds like CONSTIPATION for the Gourami have you been over feeding or changed his diet. Try some epsom salts half a level teaspoonper 1 gallon of water. you dont need to buy special epsom salts you can just get it from the supermarket. hope this helps. The rainbows i don't know because ive never kept them sorry.

Most reactions

Back