Odd Question.

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone.

I bought a Surge Guard today for my Aquarium.
It plugs straight into wall then you can add 3 plugs into it, It's not the type thats on a cable they just go straight into it.
Anyway.

Having a weird problem with it, everytime I plug it in it blows my main fuse box sending all the power in the apartment off.

Checked the fuse and it has the correct 13A in >.<
I have tried it on 2 different sockets and it does same even when nothing is plugged into it.
 
Hey everyone.

I bought a Surge Guard today for my Aquarium.
It plugs straight into wall then you can add 3 plugs into it, It's not the type thats on a cable they just go straight into it.
Anyway.

Having a weird problem with it, everytime I plug it in it blows my main fuse box sending all the power in the apartment off.

Checked the fuse and it has the correct 13A in >.<
I have tried it on 2 different sockets and it does same even when nothing is plugged into it.

Normally with those surge protectors you can only plug in so many power hungry appliance before it trips. Try plugging in 1 thing at a time to see which appliance is causing the problem. Make sure you are not plugging in an extention socket loaded with plugs too.

We had a issue the other day where a slug had crawled into an extention socket and was frying itself all the time and causing power cuts.
 
pitch it and try a new one.i had one that didn't trip the circuit and would have burned my house down if i hadn't noticed the outlet glowing.
 
I would take it back then, sounds like something is wrong with it.



Reminds me of when I was at a party. We had the microwave, stove, oven, 2 crock pots, and lots of lights all running......... A lady brought a mini deep fryer, plugged it in...... Then everything went dark.....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top