Odd choice of food?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Id be wary that some could have pesticide residues given that earwigs especially come in from yards and gardens, so be cautious with that, may pose an issue with shrimp or scaleless fish first if there's an issue.

Mine will eat mosquitos and gnats lol

Id be wary that some could have pesticide residues given that earwigs especially come in from yards and gardens, so be cautious with that, may pose an issue with shrimp or scaleless fish first if there's an issue.

Mine will eat mosquitos and gnats lol
This earwig was from my lawn, so it would probably be fine, as well as the moths. Rasboras love the moths. I remember when my loach brutally ripped the back of a fly off. He was happy that day.

I used to take rose buds covered in aphids and put them in the tank. But like above be careful of the source of anything you put in your tank.

Summer time with fruit flies... my fish love those too

Fruit flies are really cool, you can breed them. When I was at school we bred albinos and wingless. It was great fun, I took the extras home and fed them to my cichlids, yummy :)

I've wondered how moths affect fish before due to the powdery residue on their wings.

But I only wondered it because I've seen fish eat moths off the water surface while I was out fishing before. So I assume it's fine.

Have also seen wild fish surface eat: ants, grasshoppers, dragonflies, flies, mosquitos, spiders, water bugs, gnats, June bugs, etc. etc. while fishing before. When your sitting on the bottom with your bait all night, you have a lot of time to stare at the water surface lol. I've successfully used crayfish, lizards, other fish, crickets, beetles, etc. etc. as bait too. Even frogs. Just about anything I can catch near the shore really - the best baits (I think) is what they're use to eating already.

I've wondered how moths affect fish before due to the powdery residue on their wings.

But I only wondered it because I've seen fish eat moths off the water surface while I was out fishing before. So I assume it's fine.

Have also seen wild fish surface eat: ants, grasshoppers, dragonflies, flies, mosquitos, spiders, water bugs, gnats, June bugs, etc. etc. while fishing before. When your sitting on the bottom with your bait all night, you have a lot of time to stare at the water surface lol. I've successfully used crayfish, lizards, other fish, crickets, beetles, etc. etc. as bait too. Even frogs. Just about anything I can catch near the shore really - the best baits (I think) is what they're use to eating already.
True.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back