October Fish Of The Month Comp... Post Your Entries Here!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just again a reminder to everyone to ensure that you also have a valid verification photo with your entries......

Honestly, i think i won't win, with such great entries so far but I am pround of owning lily and hope you guys will vote for her

It's not the winning, it's the taking part. Or so my mum always used to say, anyway.
Now that I think about it , your right. "it's not the winning it's the taking part"

going to enter my male blue ram again,hopefully got a better pic this time verification photo to follow

002-3.jpg

Wow Binge, your lobster looks great, not seen one of those for ages :good:

What do you keep him/her with?

She is currenly sharing my 29 gallon with my male blue lobster and some ghost shrimp. He will be getting his own 10 gallon as soon as I clean the tank I baught last weekend. I figure I will give them Conjugal visits periodicly But they both need thier own space.

They have both lived with mystery snails and fish previously. As they got bigger they got more aggressive so now it is just them and I buy ghost shrimp once every month or so to allow them to hunt a bit. I examine my shrimp closley though do not want any horse hair worms killing my lobsters. They were actually the thing that convinced me to go ahead and go into fish keeping. I was on the fence till I saw the two of them. Then I rushed all over the place to get a tank set up because I had to have them.

Second Apistogramma agassizi this month! what're the chances. Hope the verification is ok, I used it for TOTM too, but you can clearly see Brad at the front...

Brad:
Brad.JPG

Verification:

IMAG0069 by maxhowes, on Flickr

Any tips for getting good focused pics? :blush:

I want to enter a pic of one of my guppies but the pics keep coming out blurry

Take a hundred photo's all on different settings. One of them will turn out something like mate. :)

What kind of camera are you using? If it is a compact or a phone based one, try and see if you have a macro setting. If it is a DSLR, then select aperture priority mode and open up the aperture. Do this by selecting a smaller F number. This will reduce the depth of field. Thus when you focus on the fish in the foreground, the surrounding backgound will be blured. This can really bring out the colours and detailed markings on the fish. Millions Apistogramma agassizi provides a good example of this. A tripod will also help if you do not have a) a steady hand or b) steady shot on your camera.

I'm just using the camera on my iPhone as i dont one a proper one. Just took about 10 back to back (kept tapping the screen to focus betwwen each one) and picked the best.

Andy

I spent about 20 mins taking pics last night and not one was focused properly lol I guess I'll just have to keep trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back