Ocellaris Clownfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Uriel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Is it ok to keep colour variations of Ocellaris clownfish in the same 30g aquarium. Was thinking maybe 1 black and white and 1 orange,black and white.

Also with smaller tanks is skimming required/a benefit. I want to go FOWLR and wasn't sure whether a skimmer or a refugium with nitrate/phosphate absorbing plants was the way to go. Skimmers are quite a confusing topic for a beginner some say there an absolute must to the other end of the scale that says they are damaging to coral and there seems to be even more of a difference of opinion on small 30g "nano" reefs.

You can keep two different colours but they will not always pair up and can sometimes end up with them fighting - some people are successful, others are not!

Re: skimmer - a skimmer removes organic waste from your tank, so many would argue they are essential. However on a small tank, with weekly water changes it may not be needed. I started off with a 126 litre tank, had a small cheap boyu skimmer and did water changes of 20% each week and the tank stayed top notch :good:, so that's the way I would go again

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back