Ocellaris Clownfish Poll

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Many people have been debating wiether or not a ten gallon tank is ok for a Ocellaris Clownfish. Is

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danno

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Trying to get the truth is behind the mask. Post what you voted for an WHY

I voted no only because i just moved a pair of Ocellaris clowns over to a 10gl to make room for a pair of Clarkii clowns in my 90gl and they don't seem to happy with the down grade.

Before this i would've voted YES.

I think they could live comfortably in one. At least until they reached about 3'' in length. All the usual caveats of nanotanks apply.

i said yes because i hvae had them in a 7 gallon bow for about 2 weeks before upgrading and they were doing awesome. Clowns are very adpatable fish and as long as perameters are ok and you feed them well, they will be fine. BUt possibly not the "best" they can be, if that makes sence

flash

I voted yes although your poll was not entirely clear. If you mean can you keep a single one, yes. I wouldn't try a pair though

no. you can live in a shack, but you would prefer a mansion right? you would survive in a shack (10 gallon) but you life expectancy may not be as long, as healthy, or as satisfying. Min for a clown should be 30 gallons.

no. you can live in a shack, but you would prefer a mansion right? you would survive in a shack (10 gallon) but you life expectancy may not be as long, as healthy, or as satisfying. Min for a clown should be 30 gallons.
Mmm... agreed.

-Lynden

I voted yes as I have seen them living and looking healthy in 10gal nano's. Personally I wouldn't like to keep a clown in anything below 20gals and preferrably 30gal, saying that I had to put a clown temporarily in a 17gal due to agression issues and she was fine but she's much happier now she's back in the 55gal.

I voted yes, although the poll is still somewhat unclear. I think that the tank dimensions are a key factor. Remeber back and forth, and front to back. A 20 long has the same up and down, back to front dimensions as a standard ten gallon, but is ten inches longer. Yes the clowns could live in a ten, but I would spring for the 20 long, its really not that much more money in the grand scheme of things. I also voted yes, because Ive yet to meet a reefer that doesnt upgrade in the first year. So odds are your going to get a larger tank after a while anyways.

i voted no for the same reasons.

yeah i went for no, it'd probably be ok for a while, but clowns do reach a decent size and are quite active fish so i think as full grown adults they'd be a bit cramped.

If they were Percula clownfish (which are smaller than the Ocellaris) then I think they would be happy in the tank. As long as the water is kept in top condition they would be happy. Remember in the wild Percula clownfish don't swim far away from they homes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back