Nutrafin Ladder Diffuser Vs. Glass Diffuser

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I like the Nutrafin ladders for basic set ups i.e. yeast-based CO2, small tanks/filters.

Glass/ceramic diffusers are better with pressurized CO2, bubble counter, decent water movement.

What tank do you have?

I have a 29 gallon that I plant to put a nutrafin kit on unless there's a better alternative that's reasonable priced and possibly a 2.5gallon I'd like to put one on too that I'm working on planting and getting plants for.

Can I use a nutrafin kit on a 2.5 or is there a better alternative and is there a better alternative on the 29 to nutrafin?

Austin

Could easily use a nutrafin on the 2.5G, and as always pressurized for the 29G would be useful but not essential, but I would run 2 nutrafins on the 29G if you cant afford pressurised.

Sam

Could easily use a nutrafin on the 2.5G, and as always pressurized for the 29G would be useful but not essential, but I would run 2 nutrafins on the 29G if you cant afford pressurised.

Sam

I agree about 2 nutrafins in the 29g. Definitely do that, you can still use only one ladder, connect the mixes via a T-connector. It works very well.

Don't you think the Nutrafin bubble ladder would be a bit cumbersome in a 2.5g? I guess it could possibly be trimmed? What about a nano difuser? They sell those don't they?

llj

When i used DIY CO2 with a glass ceramic diffuser nothing would come out of it. It would just not work. I dont think the pressure was enough to force its way through the holes in the ceramic disk and the alcohol would then kill off the yeast quite quickly. The diffuser worked with pressurized CO2 though.

That's what I was wondering if the ladder might be large but I was hoping I could hide it with some taller plants. No I don't think I could afford pressurized nor be allowed by my parents so two nutrafin kits is probably my best shot. Though are there any other better kits than these? Anybody know what the cheapes site would be to order these from the internet, so far I'v found Drs. Foster and Smith?

Ok how much did shipping cost you, just if you remember. I'v always thought about using a co2 tank but how would you do it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back