Nutrafin Co2 Basic User Guide

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry Arif, I dont think anyone will have one spare. Try bidding for one on ebay, seen them cheap on there.

To be honest this isn't the place to ask, try the 'buy, sell, swap' forum

Aaron

Sorry Arif, I dont think anyone will have one spare. Try bidding for one on ebay, seen them cheap on there.

Aaron
im only 14 and my mum said im not allowed to spend another penny.

Aaron
im only 14 and my mum said im not allowed to spend another penny.

You don't need to buy the nutrafin its just easy. You can make it your self using stuff you can find in the rubbish bin, ie old cola bottle etc try http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html you can even make a diffuser for free.

Give it a try.

hi i got a 10 litre bottle to make my diy co2 in how long will thsi last hopefully longer then my2ltr that ;asted around 4 days and also what mixture of yeast and sugar shall i use in the 10 litres of water?sad2.gif i would like to set it up today as t=rite now infact ill be making the hole plz answer back asap

Be nice!

10 litres....the only issue with that is possibly creating too much CO2, the peak output could get massive, the whole point of the smaller bottles is that they last just long enough to produce sufficient CO2 and then stop working before CO2 output is too high.

It's the alcohol build-up that kills the yeast. In a 10-litre bottle you could have so much water that the alcohol build-up will be less noticeable and the yeast will not get killed off for ages. The yeast will continue to multiply and give off more and more CO2 which is not good, you could kill the fish quite easily!

Hey, is there a diy mix for the red sea CO2 system? My lfs doesn't carry nutrafin.

The cannister sits outside of the tank. You can either use the supplied plastic ladder which is maybe 7"x3" and sits flat against the aquarium glass inside the tank or use a suitable ceramic diffuser which is much smaller.

The mix should work OK with other brands of cannister, though you may have to vary the sugar/water/yeast levels depending upon the size of cannister used.

hmm, lol.. seems lots of people have trouble with the stuff getting into thier tanks.. I'm going to get one tommorrow.(Hopefully) I do not want it getting into my tank. The bottle think seems like it would work but how would you do that??

Just questioning the ideal position for one of these bad-boys.

I've got one, and it's up and running A-ok (using the sachets that came with the product as they sent me 2 packs for free), but I just want to check that I'm getting the optimum performance from it.

I get bubbles coming from it, there seems to be a little problem at the 'bottom right' of the ladder where about 3~4 bubbles combine into one larger bubble and then it starts moving up the ladder. Back-forth, back-forth, back-forth, then 'pop' out the top it comes.

Is this really ok? How's this actaully doing anything? Just this bubble going up the ladder then popping at the surface. I think that the bubble does get smaller on it's way up though, so that's a good thing yeah.

Should I position it by the filter outlet, so the Co2 gets blasted around the tank, or is the movement up the ladder sufficient to disperse the C02 into the water?

One problem that I'm getting is that as soon as a bubble is released my Guppies, and occasional Neon get really excited and follow the bubble up the ladder trying to eat it. They ofter find themselves trapped behind the ladder unit between the glass and the ladder. I've only had to manually free one as they seem to find their way out by themselves eventually.

If I were to get a ceramic diffuser, then I'd just connect this to the end of the air-line from the cannister and place it in my tank, simple as that is it?

The bubbles stick for the first few days then it sorts itself out. I've had mine running for about 3 weeks now and I had that same problem when I first kicked it off. The bubbles now run up quite freely.

Not had any problems with the fish getting stuck behind it though. Will have to keep an eye on that.

My Nurafin has been set up for about 7 hours now and ive noticed that the mixture is climbing part way up the airline then it sort of evaporates. It never makes it to the top. Is this normal?

I put in 3/4 teaspoon of yeast and didnt fill the water up to the top of line as i didnt want it to empty into the tank. How will i know if it does go into my tank? Will it make the tank cloudy? I dont have any fish in the tank as im currently cycling it.

Ive ordered a bubble counter off ebay so until this arrives im worried the mixture will go into the tank.

Cheers guys!

My Nurafin has been set up for about 7 hours now and ive noticed that the mixture is climbing part way up the airline then it sort of evaporates. It never makes it to the top. Is this normal?

I put in 3/4 teaspoon of yeast and didnt fill the water up to the top of line as i didnt want it to empty into the tank. How will i know if it does go into my tank? Will it make the tank cloudy? I dont have any fish in the tank as im currently cycling it.

Ive ordered a bubble counter off ebay so until this arrives im worried the mixture will go into the tank.

Cheers guys!

Another problem......the whole of the bubble doesnt make it onto the ladder. Part of it escapes to the top of the tank. Ive tried taking outthe airline and putting it back in but it seems that its not lined up properly :crazy:

Another problem......the whole of the bubble doesnt make it onto the ladder. Part of it escapes to the top of the tank. Ive tried taking outthe airline and putting it back in but it seems that its not lined up properly crazy.gif

Have you locked the pipe in with the little plastic clip? This forces the water up the ladder. As I bought mine second hand from the bay it didn't come with the little clip. I managed to maje one using a little bit of plastic cut to the right shape.

Yes. Mine did this the first time. I reduced the amount of yeast used and it doens't seem to happen anymore. However, the mix doesn't last as long.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back