Nutrafin Co2 Basic User Guide

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Another problem......the whole of the bubble doesnt make it onto the ladder. Part of it escapes to the top of the tank. Ive tried taking outthe airline and putting it back in but it seems that its not lined up properly crazy.gif

Have you locked the pipe in with the little plastic clip? This forces the water up the ladder. As I bought mine second hand from the bay it didn't come with the little clip. I managed to maje one using a little bit of plastic cut to the right shape.

My Nurafin has been set up for about 7 hours now and ive noticed that the mixture is climbing part way up the airline then it sort of evaporates. It never makes it to the top. Is this normal?

yes ive tried lining it time and time again but it seems the plastic clip makes it stick out too far so some of the bubble escapes. This doesnt happen everytime a bubble comes out though. I still have plenty of bubbles on the ladder so im assuming its still working

I recieved my nutrafin today, when i first set it up the mixture had begun to sneak into the tank within an hour lol luckily i managed to disconnect it before it touched my tank water at all.

Anyway, i've set up again using the same amount of sugar and water and half the amount of yeast, since then i've not seen it bubble in about 3 hours. I'm not sure if its working or not, but i'm presuming i have to wait 24 hrs to tell?

I think i just used too much the first time, so i'm worried i used too little this time :unsure:

Couldnt find any yeast at my supermarket. But I did see yeast that is used from home-brewing. Is it the same thing? Im assuming it is, but just want to make sure.

Couldnt find any yeast at my supermarket. But I did see yeast that is used from home-brewing. Is it the same thing? Im assuming it is, but just want to make sure.

I believe that is what it is... lol.

I thought so. Actually yeh it is. Because creating co2 is the fermentation process. Please ignore the stupid question by me :unsure:

Well i've been using my nutrafin for 8 days now and after the first 'almost' leak into my tank it doesnt seem to have happened again. Its running fine now, infact my plants have grown dramatically because i also added a new reflector at the same time.
I must say, as a noob to co2 i'm really impressed with the results and how simple it is to set up.

I'm testing the mix as we speak. The stuff that came with it (like stated many times) was worthless so let's see what this will do!

UPDATE: Bubbles are coming, but getting stuck on the ladder. What do I do?

Also, it appears some of the original mixture leaked into my tank. Do I need to do a water change?

UPDATE: Bubbles are coming, but getting stuck on the ladder. What do I do?

Also, it appears some of the original mixture leaked into my tank. Do I need to do a water change?

I had the same problem. I did a water change (60%), but after some research the consensus seems to be that WC is not necessary. I added some extra filtration and it cleared up within a couple hours.

Well I did a 50-60% water change to be safe. I do want to get a bubble counter now. Everything is woring perfectly now except the fact a little bubble goes to the surface at the top so I figure I am losing that Co2 which sucks.

Well I did a 50-60% water change to be safe. I do want to get a bubble counter now. Everything is woring perfectly now except the fact a little bubble goes to the surface at the top so I figure I am losing that Co2 which sucks.

That bubble ladder that came with it is also a bubble counter. I count how many bubbles i get in 30 seconds, then just divide by 30.

Okay. The rate isn't steady though. It is slowly getting slower and slower per day. The first day I had it hooked up, it was putting a bubble every second and now its like ever other second.

Okay. The rate isn't steady though. It is slowly getting slower and slower per day. The first day I had it hooked up, it was putting a bubble every second and now its like ever other second.

I had the AC in my house pumping yesterday and it slowed down bubble production. So I put the unit on top of my snakes viv next to the lamp and the bubble production increased as the unit heated up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back