hi Girls, Guy's and those not quite sure............................lol
I having some strange test results while re-cycling my ehiem pro 2 2028 on my Juwel Rio 300 . due to various problems i ended up stripping my rio 300 down what took me 6 hours the filter had mature Media what was swaped out of my pro 2 2026 what i had on another tank when i first set up the tank anyhoo
I managed to get the tank up and running under the six hours, water declorinated and all that and dosed up with ammonia to give the bacteria something to munch on to see if i could save it
Its taken about a week but the ammonia is dropping in 8 hours (5ppm to nothing) nitrite is 0 and has been for the the last week and the nitrate has gone from 10 to 40-50ppm
The thing i cant get my head around is there hasnt been a nitrite spike but i am getting nitrate.
Btw. I am using a Api Master test Kit and had the water double checked at the lfs
All i can think is that I managed to salvage some of the bacteria by adding the ammonia (media was in water in the filter all the time). I Have cycled up 10+ tanks over the last few years and this has got me stumped
I having some strange test results while re-cycling my ehiem pro 2 2028 on my Juwel Rio 300 . due to various problems i ended up stripping my rio 300 down what took me 6 hours the filter had mature Media what was swaped out of my pro 2 2026 what i had on another tank when i first set up the tank anyhoo
I managed to get the tank up and running under the six hours, water declorinated and all that and dosed up with ammonia to give the bacteria something to munch on to see if i could save it
Its taken about a week but the ammonia is dropping in 8 hours (5ppm to nothing) nitrite is 0 and has been for the the last week and the nitrate has gone from 10 to 40-50ppm
The thing i cant get my head around is there hasnt been a nitrite spike but i am getting nitrate.
Btw. I am using a Api Master test Kit and had the water double checked at the lfs
All i can think is that I managed to salvage some of the bacteria by adding the ammonia (media was in water in the filter all the time). I Have cycled up 10+ tanks over the last few years and this has got me stumped







