Not Another Thread About... Gravel To Sand

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JT-SCFC-1912

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to change from gravel to sand, but having a tough time in choosing which to go for. I would like to go for a black sand but all the LFS near me only sell the fine black gravel, no good lol.

Anybody recommend some?, possibly which they sell at MA?

Unipac black sand too, Put it in my 200L love it.

Brilly91 said:
Unipac black sand!!!! I love the stuff :L

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/415949-my-new-200l-tank-log/

Theres a picture of it in my tank on my log :)
Just googled that, looks sweet!.

Looking for some sand to basically to bring out the colours in my oscars and sevs

Don't know light coloured sand or Black sand :s

techen said:
Unipac black sand too, Put it in my 200L love it.
Nice, I saw that you got blue lights / LED's in your tank, how does it look with the black sand?

If you want to bring the color out in them then defiantly get the black sand. It makes everything much brighter while light sand seems to make it duller.

JellOh said:
If you want to bring the color out in them then defiantly get the black sand. It makes everything much brighter while light sand seems to make it duller.
Interesting, in regards to fish waste #2's and that does it show up lot more?, or does the black sand sort of masks it in way,lol :s

JT-SCFC-1912 said:
Interesting, in regards to fish waste #2's and that does it show up lot more?, or does the black sand sort of masks it in way,lol :s
You can see it pretty clearly on the black, but it stands out like a sore thumb on white sand. I have a pleco on sand and usually do tiny water changes each day because I can see the poop and it bothers me. When I first got white sand I switched to black sand about 2 weeks latter because the poop was so visible.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back