山のサバンナ (Mountain Savannah)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I like it, have been thinking of getting one of these for a small planted CRS set up but we'll see. With deeper substrate, doesn't that do good in a tiny tank to get the plants closer to the light too?

How's this coming along, I'm getting one quite soon and using HC so wondered how it's doing?

This little tank had been in the kitchen for 2 months while I did my lounge redesign. There it lay neglected with no fertilisation nor liquid carbon added in the most sun drenched corner of the whole house. No light was added.

Needless to say the inevitable decline commenced at by the time I could return it to the lounge position it was overloaded with Cyano, Staghorn and BBA.

All is not lost though, in fact nothing is lost as I am persevering with it and for the past 3 weeks back in Situ it has had daily EI+liquid Carbo and weekly 50% water changes.

The pictures below are at present and although there is a lot of BBA and staghorn it is much better than it was. You could not se any green nor rock 3 weks ago so about half way back to perfection.

I've also added a moss wall which comprises of Singapore, Java, Stringy and Christmas moss. Maybe some others too as it has come out of the emersed set up where I use it purely for covering the top of pots.

I've also added 4 tiny slate pieces (1cm x 1cm) 2 of which have Fissidens Fontanus on them and 2 of which have flame moss. Hopefully they'll spread out past the slate pieces and into the Gravel.

DSCF2310.JPG

DSCF2311.JPG

DSCF2312.JPG

DSCF2313.JPG

DSCF2314.JPG

DSCF2315.JPG

Regards
Andy

Oh, I can still see some stuff, so it did get messy, but it's recovering nicely. I like your moss wall. Different approach from mine, but good. It's a wonderful way to add plantmass.

Is that Fissidens on the pinkish rocks? Haha, I have some growing on a rock too. I love that moss. I wish I had a ton of it. Would love a Fissidens wall. But I have to settle for weeping moss or Java moss. I have no clue what I have now. It's all mixed. :rolleyes:

Liz

yep was pretty bad. Just a complete mess of black a few weeks ago but now some leaves are visible and the substrate is almost there now.

Fissidens is on the plum slate in the middle, flame moss is on the plum slate at the sides

ANDY

One month on and the recovery continues apace. I have not touched the rocks, plants or substrate. That is not my style. Much more my style to let good routines sort the problem naturally. I have cleaned the glass at water changes though. Dosing of macro, micro and Easycarbo has religiously been followed daily and it is starting to show the result.

I have removed the moss wall. I don't know why I put it in there to be honest. I always rip them out. One reason is I think they look messy , another reason is I am pretty lazy with regards to pruning etc. Also it was not really viable in a tank this small in my opinion.

DSCF2513.JPG

DSCF2517.JPG

Andy

I had gotten tired of this scape. The mosses were a little hard to control in such a small space and I fancied a change so I rescaped it on 21st November. The new aquascape is entitled 'Guly'

LOLOL, you make me laugh.

Nice to see you again. :) I've been over in the Salty side.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back