山のサバンナ (Mountain Savannah)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lol at the double post. go to bed, you're tired :lol:

I have 2 sets of tools. Not for 2 locations. Because I never put them away and can't find them. Often considered buying a third set for when I can't find either of the other 2. lol

AC

Hehe, will keep the double post. It's funny.

Lol. First page of a journal and I double posted early on and another just above :lol:

Both early hours of the morning. We need to get a life.....or sleep....can't remember which it is. lol

AC

Lol. First page of a journal and I double posted early on and another just above :lol:

Both early hours of the morning. We need to get a life.....or sleep....can't remember which it is. lol

AC

How about neither? :rolleyes:

I think the double post only emphasises my rage about you posting an eBay link haha

Edit: How does one actually go about double posting? Don't we get a message to say we can't post more than once within 30 seconds?

I think it has something to do with a delay in the browser and then you click "post" again. I will get it on ocassion, especially when my browser is slow.

No, you are not losing your minds, well, not yet. I worry about Andy sometimes... LOLOLOL

Very nice but I believe that the
substrate is too high in terms
of proportions of the tank and
the aquascaping you choose.

I see what you mean globali, however I think the depth is required to prevent dirtying of the water with the lower layer of substrate.

Love your Urban tank journal by the way :good: .

Lol. I always have deep substrates. I like the look ;) plus I tend to leave a scape along time so is good to have much more room down there :)

AC

Nice :)
I have the same tank but I havent bothered to scape it yet. Its only got some Alternanthera reineckii stems which are growing like mad.

I rescaped mine and will upload a picture if you want.

Got bored whilst starring at my Akadama soaking so I decided to remove the baby shrimp and place them in my cory tank. Then I rescaped it and place the adults back in.

I didn't follow any specific style.

Osmocote > Sphagnum peat moss > black gravel was my chosen substrate, currently waiting for my solution of Tropica substrate + water to evaporate to reclaim it :D

On my last scape I was dosing .36ml of ECarbo and .5ml of TPN+. I didn't notice any side effects of dosing either but I was doing 50% water changes 3 times a week since I had baby shrimp.

I'm dosing 0.1ml or just above. lol

Only took 5 x 1 litre jugs to fill the tank so I base it on that. Also doing 50% water changes and don't tell anyone but I don't acclimitise cherry shrimp.

I decided it could do with some more seeing as these ones hadn't died from new tank syndrome or ammonia spikes so I fished another 5 straight out of the non CO2 non water change tank straight into this one. lol

Gasps of horror from those reading but I've done this many times with no deaths ;)

AC

GASP :blush: < Couldn't find a suitable smiley so there is me gasping so hard I'm going red!

I acclimatise mine but not to the extent I do fish, when I transfer them over I just made sure the temperature was roughly the same. Both tanks are off the same water supply and both tanks are dosed the same stuff. If dosed correctly everything should be at relatively the same concentration. My babies are finally showing through though!

Struggling to get my Akadama to rinse clean, I rinsed it in a sieve and it ran clean... I then put it in a bucket to soak to "load up" and with each jug of water that went in the water got darker and dark. A few water changes and its continuously as dark. It's the double red line stuff and I haven't seen anyone else complain about how hard to clean it is... perhaps I'll just chance it and be super careful when adding it to the tank.

With the shrimp my tanks are 2 different beasts. The main one gets no water changes nor additives and is heated. The small one has Easycarb and fert addition plus is unheated.

Add to that the different substrates and hardscape materials and they may be vastly different. lol

No deaths though.

On the Akadam get an old 5ltr or 2.5 ltr paint pot. chip all the dryed paint out, scrubs it clean. Then drill holes every inch around the bottom a cm up and cable tie some mesh to it that has holes smaller than the Akadams. Then just let the water go through it in small batches.

Using a sieve and shaking you are scraping loose more particles.

After you've rinsed it stick it in the bin with the water and then change the water ever few days for a ccuple of weeks. You'll probs find if you scoop the water out rather than tip the bin and then hand transfer the Akadama to a bucket before taking to the tank that the remaining dust will settle at the bottom of the bin.

AC

Just a little change I made last Friday.

I decided against the Lileopsis as the carpet plant. It is really slow growing but it may well have hidden all of th elower stones so I pulled it out and put it back in the nursery and replaced it with HC.

No point in pictures at the moment because the substrate looks bare. I plant HC by pushing it under the substrate and letting it grow through. Reason? BECause I am too lazy to be pushing any that loosens back into the substrate. lol therefore I let it grow 'up' to the substrate.

Only used a little bit cos I'm a tight**** and I don't want to waste it when it will grow anyway :)

Will post some pics when it starts to show properly. Some starting to poke a leaf or 2 up already but not visible with camera

AC

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back