Nominate a local store we all should visit.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The wet spot in Portland (a few hour drive) and aquarium Co-op (1 hour drive) are my favorites by far. Something a little closer to me is Bridges Pets and they have an amazing amazing fish selection, I go there and almost every time I see a fish I didn’t know existed. The staff tend to be useless in regards to fish identification or care (didn’t know what kind of fish a guppy was) but great store. Went there last week
Lucky...

I go to House of Tropicals, the number 1 rated fish store in Maryland! It is 45 minutes from my house, so I have to be positive that I'm going to get something to make the trip worth it.
They have a MASSIVE selection, of both salt and freshwater fish. All of the staff are personable, knowledgeable, and serious about fish. Some interesting fish I have seen are the different color morph clown fish, sea horses, moray eels, and lion fish.

If anyone happens to be in the Houston area, I highly recommend going over to Aquarium Design Group, a place where I visit at least four times, maybe more, a week. It's one of the most beautiful fish stores that I have visited, and for good reason. That place specializes in aquascaping and has at least a dozen beautiful display tanks (mostly planted, though there are a few hardscapes only and saltwater tanks here and there). Not only that, but they do carry rare or uncommon species of fish that you probably not have heard of or seen before, as well as hardscape materials and plants that are free of snails. Since I am a regular there, I basically know all the staff members and they know me as well.

I've moved to a small city, where the offerings at local stores are pretty poor. It's left me scouting stores in places I visit in the wider (4 hour drive) region. But the best store I've been to in the past 5 years was in London, England, up in Bethnal Green. It was shabby and loud with filtration, crammed to the rafters and full of fish I never seen on my continent. Angola barbs, 6 killifish species, tons of fish for micro-tanks - I'm going back there when I can. Might as well visit some museums while I'm at it.

So what is your suggested fish store, if people pass through your town?

Where is it (city, country)?
How does it look from the outside, and on the inside?
What does it carry that makes it special?
Why should we go there?

The thread will work better if we all don't comment or critique - just the places we should go to if we find ourselves wherever you are or have been.
Maidenhead Aquatics Wigan UK, good stock of fish and accessories, very helpful with problems I've had a few also explain why problems happen don't sell you crap.

If anyone happens to be in the Houston area, I highly recommend going over to Aquarium Design Group, a place where I visit at least four times, maybe more, a week. It's one of the most beautiful fish stores that I have visited, and for good reason. That place specializes in aquascaping and has at least a dozen beautiful display tanks (mostly planted, though there are a few hardscapes only and saltwater tanks here and there). Not only that, but they do carry rare or uncommon species of fish that you probably not have heard of or seen before, as well as hardscape materials and plants that are free of snails. Since I am a regular there, I basically know all the staff members and they know me as well.

I need to visit this place, I like the Petsmart on Montrose and 59 South, they always seem to have something uncommon everytime I go, but then again, I haven't visited them in about 6 months

I need to visit this place, I like the Petsmart on Montrose and 59 South, they always seem to have something uncommon everytime I go, but then again, I haven't visited them in about 6 months
You definitely should. It's worth the visit.

any cooler with one of those fishing aerators
I've brought fish home in a cooler while they were still in the bag from Houston, only about 1 1/2 hour drive...they were fine...the shop filled the empty part of the bag with pure O2, which helps

And who knows, you might run into me.
I visited The Fish Gallery some years back, used to be a really nice place...but I've heard they've gone WAY downhill the last few years...if it's even still there

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back