FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Lapis:
41c94d_b4e6905387654e2a9ec9463386ec2b3b~mv2.jpg

Lapis as a kid:
41c94d_39c5393c473c4e2e81269f5e44d84cb6~mv2.jpg

She is blue eyed...

Last edited:
Lapis started to get friendly this morning but is now screaming and following you around the barn lol. It is 32 below freezing with the wind right now outside with frostbit warnings within 10 min of exposed skin so I waited to shave her udder until now.

How much do they usually go for? If we ever move to country it would be cool to have those! :)
They are really fun to have.

You would want to get one that is disease free tested as a lot of the diseases goats get will eventually kill them and can even be contagious to humans. You want a registered decent stalk if you plan to breed.

We are a disease-clear herd of CL, CAE, Johnes, Q-fever, and Brucellosis. We also milk test and have some pretty nice lines. Our bucks dam is ADGA 9th in the entire US for protein in her milk.

We sell pet weather for $150 a piece.

Our does are $400-$800 on average.

Our bucks are $300-$800 on average.

As far as housing goes we have a 4ft fence. We are in MN so have insulated houses for them but if you are in a warmer climate that wouldn't be needed to insulate it. They need a hay feeder off the ground. Horse quality hay with NO mold or they will die. Loose mineral.

I have family members who owned a goat years ago. It was a female so she didn't have any horns. But she would still butt people with her head. Not hard. I think that was her way of saying hi. She would also climb up on peoples' car roofs. So anyone who visited had to pop their hood and trunk to keep her off their car.

I have family members who owned a goat years ago. It was a female so she didn't have any horns. But she would still butt people with her head. Not hard. I think that was her way of saying hi. She would also climb up on peoples' car roofs. So anyone who visited had to pop their hood and trunk to keep her off their car.
All goats (both bucks and does) have horns unless they are polled (unable to grow any horns which can happen in both males and females. :D It is a genetic trait- 50% of polled goats' kids will be polled) or have been disbudded as a kid or banded as an adult.

We have our goats in a pen so they don't have access to our car. My grandpa still would not go over here for a while thinking they would get out lol. They are dwarfs, so I don't think they could make it that high.

I have heard of goats head-butting people, especially if they mess with their head from a young age, we have had a few more naughty goats but they are naughty to other goats and not us and they go lol. They will definitely still butt without horns though! Especially when they get introduced back into the heard after kidding or a new goat gets added.

Okay, so I will post Lapis's birthing video and her update video today.

Our second to last fall doe is going to kid today but I may not post her birthing video until tomorrow as it takes a while to edit lol and she may kid late. I will post a few pictures though.

She had 3 kids! A polled doeling, a doeling, and a blue eyed buckling. The White doeling was stuck, they were all big kids but she was HUGE. There is a picture of her VS a 5 day old kid from another on of our does who had twins. She was the biggest of the twins and she still looks tiny! . the little one is the 5 day old kid and the big one is her. I didnt get to bed until 1:00am Birthing video and update coming soon.
20221227_083811.jpg
20221227_084059.jpg
20221227_084234.jpg
20221227_085049.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back