Nice shot of a Mystery snail.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Just snapped this photo of one of my mystery snails sleeping on the front glass.

Who says mystery snails are dull check out the color it looks like gold flecks

aK27grh.jpg

Different snail prob looking for food
tSkT7XI.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics :)

As you probably know already, I like snails.

Your snail looks in good health in has a nice even colouration and shell looks nice and solid.

What do you feed your snails on?
Anything in particular like algae wafers?
Or just simply a case of doing normal fish and shrimp foods etc and they’ll quite happily munch on that as well as algae on glass.

I feed snails on algae wafers, sometimes as a treat I add aramanth or mulberry leaves, they go mad for those :lol:

Lots of frozen food and pellets, that the Bumblebee gobys Endlers and shrimp don't get the is Ph 8.4 hard as liquid rock
These are the pellets even some of the Gobys are starting to fancy them.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xtreme-...m-Fry-Pellet-255g-Free-Shipping-/142595098302

I got the Endlers because 1, I wanted them 2, being live bearers the Gobys have lots of fry to hunt, 3 they dont intimidate the Gobys. As you can see the Gobys dont bother the Mystery snails.

That’s pretty good.

Snails and shrimps like RCS and amanos do seem to fare pretty well in hard water, my tap water is around 8.0 and tank water goes down to about 7.6 but at 250 - 270ppm hardness :X, like you say, liquid rock!

The food you linked is pretty expensive stuff at $48 (well that’s what showed here in UK website and is out of stock anyway :lol: )

Btw am a big fan of endlers, little lively colourful fish that are entertaining to watch, little gannets though, I have a little shoal of 6 males in every tank just because I can :lol:

Never had gobys and have fancied having bumblebees in the past, for some reason never got around to having them.
Perhaps once I’ve moved to new home I may look into having them again if I set up a bigger tank as am currently closing down all my tanks apart from the two small 5 gallon shrimp tanks as pretty easy to move those rather than 20+ gallon tanks which are logistic nightmares for moving imho.

When buying Gobbys get the place to feed them with frozen food so you can watch them eat, make sure they are not spitting the food out. If they wont eat don't buy them unless you are prepared to feed them live food, they can be fussy little boogers.

This one wasnt in the best shape when I got it as you can see from the shell but the snail seems to have fixed it.

4bAfIAG.jpg

Last edited:
What is your secret to mystery snails? Mine all keeled over within half a year of buying them. I could start a shell dwelling community with all the empty mystery shells I have. They shouldn't of starved, they were fed a buffet of wafers, sinking pellets, and veggies plus all the duckweed they could eat.

Side note: have yours starting breeding yet?

My secret? Hard water. Yes they have started breeding I took an egg sack to the LFS next time I might just let then develop in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back