Newby help please!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

You're fortunate that I managed to edit the ending of my first vid on the subject...I didst utter rude things towards my cat. ;)
Hahaha! As in whispering naughties or abuse? 👊🏻

'Twas profanity in all colours of the spectrum and there was no need to whisper.
Prior to the vid, I'd spent some time setting up and waiting for THE moment.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 watched it about 3 times and its still as funny as the first, Mr Barnicles is going to think I've gone mad....not that watching funny cat vids is an odd occurance in the Barnicle household!

MY YOYO LOACH JUST KILLED ONE OF MY RUMMY NOSES!!!!! I SAW IT HAPPEN!!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!🤯🤬😭

MY YOYO LOACH JUST KILLED ONE OF MY RUMMY NOSES!!!!! I SAW IT HAPPEN!!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!🤯🤬😭
Sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised...we tried to explain to you that some of your fish need to be kept in higher numbers because they're shoaling fish...including the loach...which is fiesty and can be aggressive especially when kept alone. If you refuse to take these fish back then do yourself a favour a buy a tank big enough to house multiples of these sociable creatures, it's not fair on the animals

Also it would benefit you greatly if you researched each type of fish you have including their behaviour and other needs

It happened during my water change. Where I took 70% of the water out they were down in his territory when usually none of the fish bother to go down there. He started shooting around the tank and attacking every single fish, he went head on at the rummy and bam! It’s the worst thing I’ve ever witnessed in my entire life. Worst part is he started eating it! Literally straight away! I’ve caught him and put him in a breeding box but he’s not impressed. I’m not sure where to put the breeding box in the tank though?! I’ve never used one before it came with the recent tank.. I’m taking to a shop tomorrow I can’t keep him in there the rest get on fine otherwise

Right.. I will list both tanks and what I have in them.
Tank 1 (original tank)
9 male guppies (2 came from new tank when I swapped them)
4 rummy nose tetras
7 neon tetras
1 oto cat
1 Yoyo loach
2 shrimp

Tank 2 (new tank)
5 female guppies
4 cardinal tetras
3 rosy tetras
2 kuhli loaches
1 molly

When I did the first water change of the tanks I put some water (about 5%) of water from the original tank in there aswell as the female guppies. Other then that nothing. I’m very careful with the water conditioner and always put what is directed to put in there. The temp is at 25 degrees celcius. Tank 1 is perfectly fine and I have no problems with any fish in that tank what so ever. It’s just tank 2 (new tank) that I’m having problems with. The last owners left a little water in there when I collected it (about 20%) but since then I’ve obviously refilled it once and then done a 70% water change yesterday before I did the test shown in the previous photo. Yeah I always wash my hands before tending to anything in the tank. The journey back was a little stressful and the previous owners left the fish in the tank when I collected it.
K so, since you're returning the fish anyway, take the kuhli loaches, yoyo loach, oto, and all tetras to the shop(unless you plan on making a tetra only tank in which case you should make a guppy/platy only and tetra only.

Also it would benefit you greatly if you researched each type of fish you have including their behaviour and other needs
And catching him has caused major stress in the tank
K so, since you're returning the fish anyway, take the kuhli loaches, yoyo loach, oto, and all tetras to the shop(unless you plan on making a tetra only tank in which case you should make a guppy/platy only and tetra only.
i don’t really want to return that many though?? As I’ve said before I don’t like to just give up and not try my best to sort it before I think about just going and chucking them back to the shop..

i don’t really want to return that many though?? As I’ve said before I don’t like to just give up and not try my best to sort it before I think about just going and chucking them back to the shop..
well then try to buy more of the species, and maybe get a longer tank as they would be more comfortable with it as well as more plants(p.s. MORE PLANTS WOOOO!) The oto also needs mates, but the yoyo loach needs to go(but you're taking him back anyway)

well then try to buy more of the species, and maybe get a longer tank as they would be more comfortable with it as well as more plants(p.s. MORE PLANTS WOOOO!) The oto also needs mates, but the yoyo loach needs to go(but you're taking him back anyway)
How can I get the colour back in the fish? From the stress of last night they are so ghostly.. I wish I never touched tank 1 now.. it was fine just a little tiny bit out on the nitrite but they were all happy as Larry before I did the water change now this. Feels like I’ve caused myself more problems

It's not about giving up, you have fish that NEED to live in groups of 6 or more...you don't have space to provide them that so your only options are either to buy a 100l+ tank or to take them back....you're not failing here but you will fail if you just leave things as they are

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back