Newby help please!!!

That aquarium looks very similar to a Tetra 10 gallon half moon, if it is one then you are very overstocked, especially with all the added frilly bits sat in there too

I strongly suggest that you do not add more fish and that you should consider returning some to the shop where you bought them from.

As for cycling.....I have my doubts, especially seeing those pH and ammonia warning indicators on the side (I have heard of quite a few people who are new to the hobby using those as a way around cycling, not a good plan)

What is your weekly maintenance routine?

That aquarium looks very similar to a Tetra 10 gallon half moon, if it is one then you are very overstocked, especially with all the added frilly bits sat in there too

I strongly suggest that you do not add more fish and that you should consider returning some to the shop where you bought them from.

As for cycling.....I have my doubts, especially seeing those pH and ammonia warning indicators on the side (I have heard of quite a few people who are new to the hobby using those as a way around cycling, not a good plan)

What is your weekly maintenance routi

Hi everyone!
Thankyou all for the advice yesterday I do appreciate it and no one was too harsh which is lovely haha!
Well… today I bought a I think it’s a 47 something like that litre tank from someone else.. and this is what I’ve done! I’ve separated my fish and they all seem to be so much happier! I also took some stuff out of my original tank and moved things around for more space. Looks so much better! Check out my photos and tell me what you guys think.. again all advice is appreciated, Thankyou again!☺️♥️👌🏼

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 44
Hi everyone!
Thankyou all for the advice yesterday I do appreciate it and no one was too harsh which is lovely haha!
Well… today I bought a I think it’s a 47 something like that litre tank from someone else.. and this is what I’ve done! I’ve separated my fish and they all seem to be so much happier! I also took some stuff out of my original tank and moved things around for more space. Looks so much better! Check out my photos and tell me what you guys think.. again all advice is appreciated, Thankyou again!☺️♥️👌🏼
Yay! The fact that you added stuff from the old tank means that it won't take as long to cycle. Please check the parameters every day and do a water change every time nitrite and/or ammonia are more than 0. I recommend putting the guppies in one tank and the others in the other. Preferably the guppies, mollies, and not tetras in one tank, and everything else in the other.

Edit: have you returned any of the fish we suggested you to?

Yay! The fact that you added stuff from the old tank means that it won't take as long to cycle. Please check the parameters every day and do a water change every time nitrite and/or ammonia are more than 0. I recommend putting the guppies in one tank and the others in the other. Preferably the guppies, mollies, and not tetras in one tank, and everything else in the other.

Edit: have you returned any of the fish we suggested you to?
Hi!
Thankyou for the reply.. no I haven’t taken any back. I’ve just separated the female guppies into the new tank with the fish that came with that which I will send you photos of them all properly in that tank in the morning when I wake up as I’ve switched all their lights off now. They seem a lot happier now which I’m happy about. And the rest of the fish in my original tank seem to of all calmed down now aswell. I’m the type of person to try and find solutions before being defeated and taking them back if that makes sense 🤣 and as you can see by the photos I did remove some of the decorations from the original tank aswell to make more space but arranged the stuff I’ve kept better I think. Sadly during all of this I did lose one female guppy as I accidentally moved a plant and a pebble and somehow she managed to get both of them at some point during the swap around and when I went to separate the females I noticed she was missing. Moved everything to find her and I ended up finding her dead there. Broke my heart as she was a beautiful guppy i had named her Rosie 😢 my long term plan is to breed guppies and Bettas. I’ve half set up another tank which roughly is about 20-30 litre and I should be collecting another 60-70 litre from a friend that no longer wants it aswell so, soon enough I will have them all up and running

Hi everyone!
Back again for more advice 😂 I have one female guppy who seems to be acting strangely.. shes doing like a rolling motion in the substrate? Like coming down swimming against the current and flicking herself into the ground. It’s not constant and she doesn’t seem to be clamping her fins as if she had white spot developing? This in one of the females I moved from the original tank to the new one. Any ideas what this could be?x

Also a few of my guppies is the new tank and hanging around the top of the tank. They weren’t yesterday but today they are? So I’m a little confused and worried x

Also a few of my guppies is the new tank and hanging around the top of the tank. They weren’t yesterday but today they are? So I’m a little confused and worried x
This is probably due to high ammonia levels because your new tank isn't cycled...do a 70% water change with dechlorinated water...Do you have a test kit?

Here is my ammonia test. Can I just add ammonia remover or do I have to do a water change?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 28
Just done my ph aswell and it’s a bit low.. surely I can’t just add ph up to the tank can I?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 29
Hi everyone!
Back again for more advice 😂 I have one female guppy who seems to be acting strangely.. shes doing like a rolling motion in the substrate? Like coming down swimming against the current and flicking herself into the ground. It’s not constant and she doesn’t seem to be clamping her fins as if she had white spot developing? This in one of the females I moved from the original tank to the new one. Any ideas what this could be?x
This might be because you have no floating plants, which offer security to them from birds. It might also be pregnant, or sick. Pictures please.

Most reactions

Back