Newbie in the catfish Business

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of Salmontail Cats. They looked like mini-sharks so I just had to get them! :D . Anyway, what tank buddies do you think would go nicely with the 2 salmontail catfish? My tank is now a 10 gallon and the salmontails are about 2 inches. Thanks for all contributions.

I have always had all different types of cat fish in together and they have never hurt each other as long as you get something around about the same size there should'nt be a problem I recomment that you feed them sinking pellets as it will mean that you don't have to sink flakes and it will keep your tank alot cleaner for alot longer and they grow very quick.

I cant seem to find any info on Salmon tailed catfish, do you have a scientific name or a photo? The only catfish i know of with salmon in its name is the Salmon cat which grows to over 3 feet in length and is very predatory.

Salmontail is one word I think.and yes I think they grow about 3 feet long maximum. Heres the ONLY website i could find about them.

Salmontail Catfish

btw, I'm prefering a fish that stays nearly all the time near the top of the surface.

How about silver sharkz? Does anyone know or think silver sharkz will go well with salmontail catz? :huh:

Unless you are going to be getting a 200 gallon tank in the near future then id forget adding any fish, your salmon cats are going to outgrow a 10 gallon tank on their own within 6 months and siver/bala sharks grow to 13"+ too.

Most reactions

Back