New To Tropical Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Hammerpgh

Reaction score
Hi all, just starting out on the fish keeping journey and finding it all fascinating so far. Got a small tank from the missus for Christmas to start off with.

Looking forward to spending time here learning all I can on these forums and always have a problem I’m hoping to get some advice on here but I’ll post it in the appropriate area.

Cheers

Peter

Welcome to the forum Peter!

If you are not familiar with the nitrogen cycle and cycling an aquarium, definitely read up on it all here:

Hi all, just starting out on the fish keeping journey and finding it all fascinating so far. Got a small tank from the missus for Christmas to start off with.

Looking forward to spending time here learning all I can on these forums and always have a problem I’m hoping to get some advice on here but I’ll post it in the appropriate area.

Cheers

Peter
Hello Peter. Good luck with your small tank. How small is it? Do your research and you'll find that small tanks are much more difficult to keep than larger ones. This is because you need a lot of water to make up for mistakes that are made during the learning process. I began with a 30 gallon and it was hard enough. Tank keeping became much easier when I got a 55 gallon tank.

10 Tanks

Hello Peter. Good luck with your small tank. How small is it? Do your research and you'll find that small tanks are much more difficult to keep than larger ones. This is because you need a lot of water to make up for mistakes that are made during the learning process. I began with a 30 gallon and it was hard enough. Tank keeping became much easier when I got a 55 gallon tank.

10 Tanks
Plus, once you get into it and learn more, you want the additional options that a bigger tank gives you for livestock and plants.

Hi Peter,
Welcome to TFF... :hi:
Once you've cycled your tank and when it's running with fish in it, please feel free to post about it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back