New To Saltwater

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Richardm19

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been bitten by the saltwater bug but have never hd a fish tank before I have bought several books and am reading them at the moment and do Not intend on buying a tank until I know what I'm doing. I would like a tank that is ready to go without any alterations as I would not know where to start fitting them. I would initially like live rock and a couple of clown fish and once the tank matures would like to progress to corals and possibly a anemone (big possible) and maybe a few more fish. I'm guessing I'm looking at a nano tank but I'm not sure which ones re any good and will have what's needed for what I want. I'm not restricted by space but I want to spend ideally about 400-500 on the tank so not sure if this is possible. I wold be really grateful for any suggestions on tanks ou have.

Many thanks

Rich

Hi All

I have been bitten by the saltwater bug but have never hd a fish tank before I have bought several books and am reading them at the moment and do Not intend on buying a tank until I know what I'm doing. I would like a tank that is ready to go without any alterations as I would not know where to start fitting them. I would initially like live rock and a couple of clown fish and once the tank matures would like to progress to corals and possibly a anemone (big possible) and maybe a few more fish. I'm guessing I'm looking at a nano tank but I'm not sure which ones re any good and will have what's needed for what I want. I'm not restricted by space but I want to spend ideally about 400-500 on the tank so not sure if this is possible. I wold be really grateful for any suggestions on tanks ou have.

Many thanks

Rich

Well, I don't recommend that you have an anemone in a nano tank so you need to at least think more than 40g if you really want a nem. That being said, clowns will host on a lot of different corals, so you don't have to have an anemone in order to enjoy clownfish.

What have you read?

L

The it book im working my way through is saltwater aquarium for dummies, I'm not 100 percent sure about the anemone but I definitely want clowns and coral and live rock I was only looking at nano tanks because they seem to be pretty much plug and play apart from sorting the water out yourself etc... So if anyone has some suggestions for good tanks that would be great I don't really want a tank bigger than 180L but I need it to have pretty much everything I need to start. As I say it's not oing to be immediately because I know I still have a lot to learn but want to decide on my tank.

Any device would be great

Most reactions

Back