New tank

Great Lakes

Always do right, not popular...
Reaction score
Many of us are usually dreaming about the next tank. We look at prices, try to determine if it is fair or not. End up spending a few hundred on a 55, or 75 gallon tank, maybe more.

Many of us will promote the used tank route. I am in this crowd. If you keep your eyes peeled, you can do it.

I just hooked a 180 gallon with stand and canopy for 450 dollars...woohoo. It's even reef ready.

GLoat... :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good for you, GL :D

Money saved on equipment can be used to buy really great fish! :thumbs:

what sources did you look in and where did you finally find it.

Congratulations to you, Great Lakes!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: I LOVE to find tanks this way, actually I couldn't afford half of the stuff I've got if I wasn't able to buy this way. It takes a while longer, no "instant gratification", but then I'm in no hurry anyway :lol: Some LFS have used equipment for sale, check yard sales, newspaper classifieds, I've even found them set out with the garbage on trash pickup days--SNAG! Several years back had a friend moving out of state, did not want to take his piranhas with him, so he called me to see if I would take them off his hands. Never have been particularly fond of piranha, but kept them for a while, then traded them in to the LFS for some cool fish I really did want...plus got a free tank with all the accessories out of the deal.....absolutely free.

What makes this a great deal is that YOU will make such wonderful use of it and WE all get to see the great pictures of your art! :D

ALASKA

way to go i do the used route as well that way i can put more dollars into fish care i just got a 45 gallon tank with lid for FREE. and i am also going to pick up a complete 55 gallon setup with 2 red ear slider turtles for FREE look in bargainnews.com they have gooooooooood stufff! B) B)

Some of the other good deals are found in forums like this one. That is how I got this deal. Have to be in the right place.

GL

All this talk is making me want another tank....maybe i better start sweet talkin hubby LOL :blush:
Congratulations on your new tank anyway sounds like a fantastic deal you got there. :cool:

Most reactions

Back