New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

We were in london for the weekend anyway so it made sense to drop into wildwoods, its only second time i've been there but i really would recommend going, Wildwoods itself is a fantastic shop but within crews hill (where wildwoods is) there's a stretch of road with around 6 fish shops all within 5 minutes walk of each other.

Went home and checked on the fish, Congicus is a bit pale atm but you can see the striping on it , should look nice when it's beefed up a little! My Datnoides campbelli looks to be settling in too, really good colouration on it. Oscar is leaving the campbelli alone which is also good!
Got some Red tail tinfoils that are currently sat in the sump as i need to move some stock around when i get in from work. The bichir's would most likely eat them at 3 inch so i will put them in the 4 ft with the midas/red devil group to grow out.

I was very impressed with the information sheet that wildwoods provide, they gave instructions on introducing the fish (great as i had someone waiting in for the delivery so they knew what to do ) it has what temp and ph the water is at and what they've been eating on. Hoping to get a pbass of them early next month as they have some wild caught Cichla monoculus coming in although they'll be small so will need growing out.

Fish have been moved across now, will tak a picture when they come out frm behind the one bit of wood in there! Poly's are on top of each other the oscar's behind them. The only thing thats out is the goldfish that is still waiting to go and the new datnoides campbelli

i need a pump the same size as the eheim compacts i have which are meant to be 5000 lph but i would say once they go throw all the pipework they would be lucky to be pushing 3000 lph

Not sure have big the pump you have is but ....NewJet 4500 is 6000lph, not the smallest pumps but also not the largest... a tad expensive for a sump pump but definitely worth the money and very reliable :)

Excellent job on the tank always4lora, looking forward to the pics :)

Taken out the gold fish which is now in a nice big pond, in the tank i have my poly's, datnoides campbelli, marbled motoro ray (female) , oscar , 2 tinfoil barbs (i have the other 6 still growing a bit in another tank) and l191 or l190 plec

As you can see the poly's havent settled still so theyre in hiding the ray has moments like on this vid when it's active then go's back to chilling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NSEPLT-n0

Still to go in is a florida gar but that wont be for at least 6months or more for it to grow out and also getting a pbass in there within a year.

The stocking will most likely change a little in the future but not massivly.

Looking good :good:

Have to ask though why did you paint it white?
Would a darker colour not have shown off the colouring better of the chums inside?
It won't stress the fish out being so bright will it?

Even still, good job and nice work :good:

Looking good :good:

Have to ask though why did you paint it white?
Would a darker colour not have shown off the colouring better of the chums inside?
It won't stress the fish out being so bright will it?

Even still, good job and nice work :good:

It wasn't painted white :) They're fibre glass sheet's that happened to be white. They were free so can't complain. The colour of the fish is ok , might be better if it was darker like blue or black but cant be botherd to paint the inside as i'd have to empty it completly, tip the tank on the side and so i could actually get to the back of the tank.

Got any pics of your congi yet? couldn't see it in the vid?
hehe reason why it's not in the vid is it's bloody lazy and stays under the wood, i can see it's mouth most of the time and thats about it! hopefully will get to see it at some point!

looks fab that Ben!!

I;d missed this thread but wondered where you'd been hiding checked your profile for last post and saw this

I;m impressed and the rays a beauty :good:

looks fab that Ben!!

I;d missed this thread but wondered where you'd been hiding checked your profile for last post and saw this

I;m impressed and the rays a beauty :good:

Indeed it is! Would love a male to go with it but can't afford a nother few 000! Might end up selling this and getting some poly's

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back