Tory
Fish Crazy
I posted another thread to this effect, now am right royally confused...Am soon to be setting up my new tank once my cabinet has been built. When doing water changes on my current tank, I am putting it in the new one, and also transferring mature filter media from current tank to the new one.
Once the new tank was full, I was going to do a couple of normal water changes then get the water tested before slowly adding the fish
But have now read other peoples post saying that if they transfer the filter media (no mention of water) that this is sufficient to transfer the fish over and no need to run a cycle
Also of late I have been reading about adding ammonia during the cycle of a tank...would I still need to do this if using said filter media and used water?
Please help the confused one!
Once the new tank was full, I was going to do a couple of normal water changes then get the water tested before slowly adding the fish
But have now read other peoples post saying that if they transfer the filter media (no mention of water) that this is sufficient to transfer the fish over and no need to run a cycle
Also of late I have been reading about adding ammonia during the cycle of a tank...would I still need to do this if using said filter media and used water?
Please help the confused one!








