New Tank

chrisrm

Fish Addict
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
768
Reaction score
23
Points
18
Location
Plymouth
Hi
I have just upgraded from a 60l tank which I had for about a year, to a 350l (75g) tank. at the moment i have...
1 opaline gorami
2 angel fish
1 Otto
3 bettas (1 male 2 female)
1 featherfin syno

I was hoping that someone could suggest some possible fish to add. I was thinking maybe silver dollars, dwarf gourmi, giant danios, mollys? someone suggested a pair of rams or kribs as well, but I’m hoping for some advice
 
Okay well first, male and female Bettas should NEVER be in the same tank. It'll result in one or more fish dying. Male Bettas should also never be with Gouramis. I suggest you buy the male his own 2.5 gallon tank and move him into there. Females can be agressive with eachother, so I'd advise you to get at least another 3 to disperse aggression. Otto's like to be in groups so I'd up that number to about 5. After you sort all this out, you can think of getting more fish. Just trying to help here, I don't want you to wake up one morning to a blood bath. :good:
 
I'd remove the male betta and up the number of female bettas...I'm surprised you haven't had problems before now.

I wouldn't add silver dollars or Kribs.

But your other ideas are ok.

As for rams. It depends what temp you want the tank at. If you can go up to 28C then German Blue or German Gold are fine. If you can only go up to 26C then Bolivians are the way to go. My pic is of a Bolivian.
 
my lfs sait that it would be fine but afte reading more into it, Iwas thinking to put the male in the 60l tank that i had previously, will do that in the morning
 
Most LFS don't give quite accurate information I'm afraid. :no: The Betta will be very happy in the 60L, is the tank already cycled? If not, just take some filter media form your big tank and add it to the filter in the 60L. You could even get away with adding a school of 6 or 7 cory cats in there with the Betta. Or perhaps some Cherry or Ghost shrimp.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top