New Tank

Bebobb

You can't get like me
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Gravette Arkansas
I am moving into a larger house, (4000 sq. ft.), the one I have now is a 800 sq. ft. And I am wanting to get a new tank, probally 29 gallons. My question is how much will it be to run it with lighting, air pump, and a filter. I am asking because my mom is single and we have a small income. The reason I am so hyped up is because there was a hot tub, so there is a whole room that is double jointed to hold a hot tub. Also there is a part of the house with a cement floor, like half a room, so there is no worrie that they will hold my new tank. But i want some suggestions on what fish I should get.
 
if you squeeze evry penn yabout 30 pounds a month

eg

reuse filter media
turn lights of at set points (not when you go to bed)
it will cost alot to start it up but after the second month it should be relitivly cheap

low income yet you have a hot tub?

um if you wana keep it cheap, get fish that are easy to keep if not i personaly suggest you get some african cichlids, like yellow labs
 
ooooooooooooooh cool
good luck with your tank

ps in your sig , to be fair to simon cowel he does tell the truth to the hopless noob who squeal into the mic
 
It is just an expression. I found out that the water is hard water, so now, finally, I might be able to keep shell dwellers!!! What other tropical fish go great is harder water?
 
shell dwellers would be good - i havesome myself. they have a lot of character. why not set up a lake tanganyika community tank?
 
What all types of fish are in a tanganyika community? I plan on haveing just a 10-20 gallon tank that has some shell dwellers. I posted a topic in my local fish club forum asking if any one knew of where I could get some.
 
all sorts!
shell dwellers - nearly every species is tanganyikan.
all sorts of lmprologus and neolamprologus - there are vast numbers of species of these available
also, there are tropheus and cyprichromis - i haven't kept these but i hear they are fairly simple to keep.
post in the african cichlid forum for more information.
many of these species are easy to keep and interesting to breed too. my neolamprologus brichardi's have just had loads of babies in my tanganyikan community - and i didn't do anything at all!
 
I am prboally just get some normal shell dwellers if I can find them locally, if I can't I will justt order them off of the internet. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top