New Tank

Debbie_19

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland
I am thinking about upgrading my 21l desk tank to something a little bigger. The one I have at the moment is a hex and I dont like it so thinking about getting a normal shaped tank. I was just wonderin if anyone knew how big a tank it would be safe to put on a cabenet. Its a kind of cabenet that holds a tv etc, it is quite sturdy. I was thinking of mabey getting somthing around 40-50l would this be ok on top of a cabenet or should i go for something about 35l instead. thanks
 
Hi there, just to help you a bit, 1 litre of water weighs about 1 kilo. My LCD 42" weighs around 25kg, my old CRT 32" weighs around 35Kg. If i were you i wouldn't risk anything big on a Tv cabinet, unless you want wet feet!
 
Hi there, just to help you a bit, 1 litre of water weighs about 1 kilo. My LCD 42" weighs around 25kg, my old CRT 32" weighs around 35Kg. If i were you i wouldn't risk anything big on a Tv cabinet, unless you want wet feet!

Ok thanks. So how big is not too big. As I said it is pretty sturdy and made out of pretty thick wood and it is a hexigon shape so it has quite a large top to it. Wud something about 35l be ok? at the moment i have a 21l and a 6l on there and they seem to be fine. Just dont want a fish tank coming crashing through my tv. lol.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top