The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What should I do?

• Total voters

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a new tank (MicroHabitat 8, the same tank as the one in the PFK subscription promotion) , its small only 8 litres/ 2 Gallons. But it's got a nice powerful filter and really bright LED lights. Originally, I was to use it as a quarantine tank, but its a perfect little tank for a planted scape and some little nano-fish (yes, there are fish suitable for this tank :p ). What should I do? :crazy: :D

So you are asking us, Tank with no fish in, or a tank with fish in? I know which option i would have. :lol:

So you are asking us, Tank with no fish in, or a tank with fish in? I know which option i would have. :lol:
Its either a nice tank with lots of plants and a few fishes or a tank that can prevent potential future fish deaths... :X
Carl

Well then i suppose it depends on what fish you have in the other tanks, are they rare of expensive ect.

I have a few delicate fish like 3 Chocolate Gouramis but ATM all of my fish are fine. Im stumped :S

Use this one as a nano planted tank
and but a cheap small tank as a QT :good:
problem solved
Lloyd

You should go for the fish, this is a lovely tank :nod:

I have this tank too, under the bed at the moment, i was going to use mine a quarantine tank as i didnt know i could get any fish small enough, but now you have go me thinking. What sort of fish are suitible?

I wouldn`t have thought 8L is big enough to be a viable size for a QT to be honest, so I voted 'Plant it up and keep a few nano fish!' :good:

I have this tank too, under the bed at the moment, i was going to use mine a quarantine tank as i didnt know i could get any fish small enough, but now you have go me thinking. What sort of fish are suitible?
Quite a few (Bumblebee Gobys, Lampeye Kilifish), 'Gill' is a knows quite a bit about nano fishes so it may be worth asking him what fish can be added

Quite a few (Bumblebee Gobys, Lampeye Kilifish), 'Gill' is a knows quite a bit about nano fishes so it may be worth asking him what fish can be added

:D

Just looking at Bumblebee Gobys and Lampeye Kilifish now, i think i know what il be doing with mine, thank you for the inspiration

Quaranteen tank. You have some very delicate species. Sorry to be a party pooper.

I wouldn't put any fish of any kind in a 8 litre!

Shrimp and thats it. Lampeyes need more thank 8 litres as do bumble bees!

It to me would seem to small to be a quaranteen tank. Ideally I thought some around 5 gallons would be better for a tank required considering the size of the fish and number of you may at any time need to keep in quaranteen. Even then 5 Gallon to me wouldn't be enough.

I am in process of getting a 20 Gallon for my quaranteen just in case of larger fish.

I would plant this up as a nano and try some new plants out in it you haven't before.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back