New Tank Water

unknowntbeast

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Finally got a new tank, 20 gallon for FREE! Came with fullcover/lamp as well! Anywho, is there any difference in using water from the sink/bathtub/outside hose? Just want to make sure before I fill it. And any suggestions on what kind of fish I should get would be great!
 
The pipes might be different, and If the pipes are made out of different piping, than it might affect the pH. I found this to be true in my 2 story house, the up stair water seems to be harder and more alkaline than the down stairs, and they both have the same water supply. For that tank, I would get a pair of rams, or apistogramma, and build around that. Like a school of tetras, and then a bristlenose.
 
There are some differences between the water inside and the water outside. One big difference is that you can control the temperature of the water in the tub or the kitchen sink. Another difference can be the water hose connected to the water in the garden. That hose can be full of contaminants if you do not flush it out well before you use it to fill your tank. I will be doing that this afternoon since I need to fill my summer tub pond again after a major water change and I am not going to haul over 100 gallons of water to the tub in buckets.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top