New tank question

Scodhr

Reaction score
Hi im not new to fish but im new to sand.. always had gravel before.. so my sand is in and the water from my previous tank and im wondering it it best to leave the filter off and let the sand settle or run filter.. its in tank filter.. cheers 🙂

Hi
This will depend on what sand you have used if it aquarium sand then it should be ok to run the filter as it doesn't take long to settle.
If it's playsand that you have used and the tank isn't stocked then I'd let the sand settle overnight if possible, checking that when you do turn it on again that the flow from filter doesn't stir up the substrate.

Hi
This will depend on what sand you have used if it aquarium sand then it should be ok to run the filter as it doesn't take long to settle.
If it's playsand that you have used and the tank isn't stocked then I'd let the sand settle overnight if possible, checking that when you do turn it on again that the flow from filter doesn't stir up the substrate.
thanks its play sand i cleaned and rinsed it best i could what a messy job 😩cheers it looks lovely i kept a lot of the peeks and ridges but i have a feeling my catfish when i put it back in will demolish those ha.. 🙂👍

Id keep the filter running 👍🏻 if you've got some fine filter floss in there it will catch the dust and fine particles the rinsing couldn't get out. Plus, you can adjust your flow if its pushing the sand where you don't want it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back