New Stocking

OscarWilde

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
512
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
Hello all

Just rescued 30 fish from someone who was shutting down their tanks and was deperate to get rid. Had to run around like a nutter this evening but this is how I currently have my stock.

Can anyone see any potential problems? Dealing with a few species I have not kept before. I have a spare 25G if nessecary. Filter turnover is 5X p/h or greater in all tanks. All Nitrates and Amonia fine at the moment. PH 7.2.

50G -
11 X Tiger Barbs,
2 X Blue Gourami,
2 X Honey Gourami,
3 X Golden Panchax,
1 X Paradise Fish,
12 X Pristella Tetra,
6 X Sunset Platys,
3 X Red Platys,
1 X Sailfin Plec,
1 X Sword Tail,
1 X Australian Redclaw Crayfish

30G

2 X Honey Gourami,
10 X Tiger Barbs,
1 X Albino Tiger Barb
1 X Australian Redclaw Crayfish

20G

6 X Neon Tetras
6 X Black Neon Tetras
6 X Glowlight Tetras
 

Alright OscarWilde,
From looking at what you have, maybe the Tiger Barbs would have a nip at the Honey Gouramis?? unless yours are settled and fine.

+ WARNING; How big is your Redclaw Crayfish??? I had one of my mates in spare tank the other month, as it had eaten his 3inch Silver Sharks, and 4 Neons overnight.

>Another mate even had his 6inch Plec snapped in half by his largish Crayfish!! (Blue-coloured lobster type)

I've managed to part-exchange the Crayfish back to shop and am now able to put tank to good use. (Swordtails breeding in it)

*Beware of the hungry Claws!*

Regards. Rossy.

P.s; Are your Crayfish different sizes?? (+Do they shed there shell yet?)
 
Paradise fish ideally need a species only tank and you may find that it becomes aggressive towards your other fish, especially your Gouramies.
The Sailfin Pleco can reach up to 18" and ideally needs a 5'x2'x2' tank minimum.
Golden Panchax can become predatory when they mature and may harass/attack your smaller fish.
I've no idea on the Crayfish, I'm afraid.
Your 20G and 30G seem fine. Although Tiger Barbs are quite nippy, you have a big enough group so they should leave your other fish alone.
 
Thanks Rossy and Stang

Roger on the Paradise fish. Will keep an eye on her. Same of the Golden Panchax

Planning an upgrade to 100G plus next year and the plec is only 3 inches at the moment.

The Gourami seem fairly chilled out. One of the blues is about 4-5" and the other is 3". They are chasing a little but came from the same tank so they should calm down.

Not to worry with the Crayfish. Still not had any problems. You can see the article that I wrote with Boboboy here.

Both my Crays have gone through their second moult. The larger is beautiful, great colours. good size and nothing missing.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top