New Stand / Aquarium and stocking ideas

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

powerdyne6

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Finally finished my Aquarium Stand that will house a 75 gallon rimless tank. Only need to put the doors on now

I am looking for aquascaping ideas… spiderwood, rocks and plants and stocking

My substrate will be sand.

My water is considered very soft

I would like a school of Tiger Loaches.

I currently have a group of 10 Penguin Tetras (these are currently in my other tank) and I am also looking at other fish options that will do well in some soft water and also do well with the above mentioned fish.

I am also in need of some sort of canister filter.. please help me decide on one.

Pic of my stand I built and the doors that need to go on.

Thanks

Attachments

• 0D3983CA-378B-4A3B-B30B-66D9D0C7E856.jpeg
    0D3983CA-378B-4A3B-B30B-66D9D0C7E856.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 22
  • D6F6D8AD-05E6-469A-BFB0-20A935C77951.jpeg
    D6F6D8AD-05E6-469A-BFB0-20A935C77951.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 21
The aquascape needs to be suited to the fish that have to live in it. The Penguin Tetras will need floating plants, as they are primarily surface fish. They won't care too much what is beelow them, but using ideas from their natural habitats you could have chunks of bogwood, some standing as "trees" perhaps, or branches, with or without substrate-rooted plants. Echinodorus (sword plants) would do well, or should. Stem plants depends upon thee light.

The "Tiger Loach"...is this the Botia striata species? Or one of the very much larger loaches that often carry the same common name?

The filter also depends upon the needs of the fish respecting water movement. This is a much greater impact on the fish than any biological filtration which with plants should not be "excessive." I had an Eheim Pro II canister on each of my three largest tanks, the smaller of which was a 70g 4-foot that later had just an Aqueon Quiet Flow in one rear corner for a bit more current. I had a couple hundred smallish fish (60 cories who needed the current, and various characins that did not need more).

Most reactions

Back